The Armorik French whisky model, thought of a pioneer in that nation’s evolving home whisky scene, just lately unveiled two new expressions, together with a 15 12 months previous providing.
The brand new Armorik 15 Years Outdated, in accordance with these behind it, is alleged to be the primary everlasting 15 years previous French whisky and is being made accessible as a restricted version of 1,500 bottles per 12 months. It turns into the model’s second bottling with an age assertion.
It has been matured for 9 years in ex-bourbon casks and transferred to sherry Oloroso casks for six extra years. Bottled at 46%, un-chillfiltered and pure shade, it’s being bought in France at round 95 EUR.
“Armorik 15 years previous has acquired with age a form of elegant, fragrant fullness, whereas retaining the fruity freshness attribute of our distillate,” stated Armorik officers in a ready assertion.
Official tasting notes for the Armorik 15 Years Outdated are as follows:
- Nostril: Wealthy and intense, the nostril tends in the direction of ripe unique fruits (mango and fervour). The maturity stands out with aromas of rancio and varnished wooden. Candy notes observe, with peach, honey, caramel and dried apricot. The entire ends on cumin and a advantageous contact of peat.
- Palate: Sharp and candy, the palate begins on contemporary fruit (ripe pear, banana) and evolves in the direction of a candy contact of honeyed sweet and unique fruit. The fruitiness is enhanced by peppery and spicy notes of clove and cinnamon.
- End: Lengthy and heat, the end swings between spicy and barely smoky notes. It ends on a candy observe of peach jam.
Becoming a member of this whisky in launch is a restricted version of Armorik’s peated Breton Single Malt, Yeun Elez, bottled a at cask energy of 58.7% ABV and matured in ex-Pineau des Charentes casks. It’s a little over 5 years previous, and official tasting notes for it are beneath.
- Nostril: Intense and attractive. At first nostril, medicinal flavors on camphor, clove and a minty facet come out adopted by patisserie and fruity flavors on custard financier and peach. Because the peat fades, it offers approach to pepper and a touch of Cognac, with a barely natural and woody notes.
- Palate: Freshness and sweetness regardless of the excessive diploma! The palate tends on caramel sweet and honey, accompanied by a really elegant smokiness, somewhat extra on wooden hearth than on medicinal. Very fruity aromas of pear and peach observe.
- End: Exceptionally lengthy, the end evolves on wood-roasted banana.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.