This Banana Pudding Cheesecake takes two of one of the best desserts on this planet – pudding and cheesecake – and combines them into one creamy dish. It’s bursting with banana taste, has a crunchy vanilla wafer crust, and is topped with fluffy swirls of whipped frosting.
A Banana Cheesecake to Rule Them All
Should you like bananas, then this banana pudding cheesecake already has your title on it. This wealthy and velvety pudding cheesecake makes use of bananas in three alternative ways: with mashed bananas and banana pudding within the cake, and contemporary bananas on high.
As a substitute of a conventional graham cracker crust, this cheesecake makes use of vanilla wafers, which completely complement the bananas. The crunch of the thick wafers and the smoothness of the pudding is an irresistible mixture. Plus, this banana pudding cheesecake is straightforward to make … you’ll in all probability end up turning to it over and over!
Scroll to the recipe card on the backside of the web page for the precise portions for all of the substances.
For the Crust:
- Nilla wafer crumbs – You need to use different manufacturers of vanilla wafer cookies, however I favor Nilla. You can too use graham cracker crumbs in the event you favor a extra conventional taste.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
For the Cheesecake:
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
- Mashed banana – For one of the best taste, use a really ripe banana.
- Bitter cream
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract – Remember to use pure vanilla extract.
- On the spot banana cream pudding
For the Topping:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
For the Garnish:
- Nilla wafers
- Banana slices – For one of the best texture, use a banana that’s ripe however nonetheless agency for the garnish.
Why Use Bitter Cream?
The bitter cream within the cheesecake may not be essentially the most standard ingredient, however it works very well. Not solely is bitter cream wealthy and decadent, however it has a number of acidity. The acidity actually enhances the flavour of the cream cheese. Should you don’t wish to use bitter cream, you may substitute with plain or Greek yogurt.
Time to Make Banana Pudding Cheesecake!
This pudding cheesecake recipe has a number of steps, however belief me once I say that it’s price it!
Prep. Preheat the oven to 350F, then use parchment paper to line the underside and sides of a 9” springform cake pan. Spray the pan with baking spray.
Combine the crust. In a bowl, combine Nilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter till the consistency is much like moist sand.
Make the crust. Press the crust combination into the underside and sides of the cake pan, then bake it for 12 minutes. When it’s finished baking, take away and let it cool on a wire rack.
Crank up the oven. Improve the oven temperature to 400F.
Make the cheesecake base. Put cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment. Beat on excessive for two minutes till the combination is clean.
Add the flavorings. Put mashed banana, bitter cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in with the cream cheese combination. Beat it in till the whole lot is blended collectively, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the eggs and blend in.
End the cheesecake filling. Add banana cream pudding and cornstarch to the cheesecake filling, and blend till the whole lot is mixed. Pour the filling into the crust, and ensure the highest is degree.
Make a water tub. Wrap the underside and sides of the cake pan with aluminum foil, and place it in a baking pan or broiler pan. Add 1 inch of heat or sizzling water to the pan.
Bake the cheesecake. Put the cheesecake within the oven and bake for quarter-hour. Decrease the oven temperature to 250F and bake for an additional 1 hour and quarter-hour.
Relaxation within the oven. Flip off the oven and depart the cheesecake inside it for half-hour. Then open the oven door barely, and let the cheesecake relaxation for an additional half-hour.
Cool and chill. Take away the cheesecake, take off the tin foil, and place the cake on a cooling rack. Let it totally cool, then place within the fridge for at least 8 hours.
Beat the cream cheese. Place cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt within the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat till smooth peaks have fashioned, about 2 minutes.
Whip the cream. In a separate stand mixer bowl, whip the heavy cream on excessive till stiff peaks have fashioned, about 3 or 4 minutes.
Make the topping. Add the cream cheese combination to the whipped cream and fold it in with a rubber spatula. Put the topping in a piping bag.
Frost the cheesecake. Take away the banana pudding cheesecake from the springform cake pan, and pipe the frosting in swirls across the high edge.
Garnish. Sprinkle the highest of the cheesecake with vanilla wafer cookie items and banana slices, then serve.
Ideas for a Excellent Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Listed below are a couple of tips and tricks to guarantee that this mouth-watering dessert comes out completely each time you make it.
- Don’t overmix. Remember to not combine the batter an excessive amount of. Overmixing will end in extra air within the batter, which can result in cracking once you bake the cheesecake.
- Scrape the bowl. If you’re making the filling, be diligent about scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula. It’s essential to get the cream cheese and sugar totally blended collectively, in order that there aren’t any lumps.
- Don’t skip on chilling. Just remember to chill the cheesecake for no less than 8 hours earlier than serving, in order that it will probably end organising. Serve the cheesecake straight from the fridge for one of the best texture.
How Lengthy Does Banana Pudding Cheesecake Final within the Fridge?
This cheesecake recipe will final for five days in an hermetic container within the fridge. If doable, retailer it with out toppings, because the bananas will brown within the fridge, and the wafers will get just a little soggy.
Can I Freeze This?
Sure! Wrap the banana pudding cheesecake in two layers of saran wrap, then freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than consuming.
Prepare dinner Time
2 hours 40 minutes
11 hours 10 minutes
For the Crust
- 3 1/2 cups crushed Nilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup bitter cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 giant eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 3.4-ounce field prompt banana cream pudding
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the Topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
For the Garnish
- Nilla wafers
- Banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the underside and sides of a 9” springform pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Put aside.
- Begin by making the crust. Combine the Nilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl. Add the melted butter and stir till the combination resembles moist sand.
- Press the crust into the underside and sides of the springform pan in a thick, even layer. Place the pan into the oven to bake for 12 minutes. As soon as baked, take away from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to chill when you make the cheesecake batter.
- Improve the oven temperature to 400°F.
- To make the cheesecake batter, begin by putting the cream cheese and sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat collectively on excessive velocity for two minutes or till clean and creamy. Remember to scrape the edges of the bowl down intermittently with a rubber spatula.
- Add the heavy cream, mashed banana, bitter cream, lime juice, vanilla and salt to the bowl and beat collectively for 30-45 seconds or till properly integrated. Subsequent, add within the eggs and blend till integrated, about 15 seconds.
- Lastly, add the banana cream pudding and cornstarch. Combine simply till integrated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on high of the crust. Clean out.
- Wrap the underside and sides of the springform pan with tin foil to forestall water from seeping in. Place the springform pan into a bigger baking pan or broiler pan. Fill the broiler pan with 1” heat water to create a water tub.
- Place the pans into the oven to bake at 400°F for quarter-hour. Scale back the oven temp to 250°F and bake for 1 hour quarter-hour.
- As soon as baked, flip the oven off and depart the cheesecake in with the door closed to relaxation for half-hour. Prop the oven door open barely and let the cheesecake relaxation for an additional half-hour.
- As soon as rested, take away the cheesecake from the oven, unwrap the tin foil and place the pan onto a cooling rack to chill fully. As soon as cool, cowl and place into the fridge to relax for no less than 8 hours.
- To make the whipped frosting, begin by putting the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat collectively on excessive velocity for two minutes or till smooth peaks have fashioned. Scrape the edges of the bowl down intermittently to make sure the whole lot will get blended in. Switch the cream cheese combination to a separate bowl.
- Add the heavy cream to the stand mixer bowl. Use a whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream at excessive velocity for 3-4 minutes or till stiff peaks have fashioned. As soon as stiff peaks have fashioned, add the cream cheese combination and use a rubber spatula to fold the 2 collectively till clean. Spoon the frosting right into a piping bag fitted with the tip of your selection.
- As soon as the cheesecake has chilled, launch the springform and take away the pan sides from the cheesecake. Pipe the frosting on in swirls across the high fringe of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle vanilla wafer cookie items on then high with contemporary banana slices. Slice and serve.
Store in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days, or wrap twice in saran wrap and retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 604Complete Fats: 42gSaturated Fats: 24gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 14gLdl cholesterol: 166mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g
Extra Decadent Cheesecake Recipes
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.