A smoky, spicy, satisfying plant-based sandwich?! Rely us in! This fast and straightforward sandwich is bursting with taste (plus protein and fiber) due to spicy chipotle hummus, smoky tempeh bacon, and tons of recent veggies.
It’s perfect for meal prep or any time you’re craving one thing savory and comforting and trying to keep full and glad! Simply 7 substances and quarter-hour required. Allow us to present you the way it’s carried out!
What’s In This Sandwich?
Consider this sandwich type of like a vegan BLT, however elevated with spicy chipotle hummus and further veggies.
- Chipotle Hummus – spicy, smoky, and excellent for spreading in your favourite bread
- Tempeh Bacon – a smoky, tremendous satisfying plant-based different to bacon that’s created from protein-packed, fiber-rich soybeans!
- Cucumber – crisp, crunchy, hydrating, and a superb supply of vitamin C, vitamin Ok, potassium, and extra
- Alfalfa Sprouts – recent, crisp, and the proper sandwich companion (and someway higher than lettuce — you’ll see while you strive it)
- Tomato – candy, juicy, and stuffed with vitamin C and antioxidants
- Avocado – wealthy, creamy, and an incredible supply of wholesome fat to maintain you feeling full
Prep your substances, and let’s assemble this factor!
We hope you LOVE this hummus and tempeh sandwich! It’s:
Fast & simple
& SO scrumptious!
It’s a filling meal by itself however would even be scrumptious served with a salad, chips, or sliced veggies. You may make the tempeh bacon and chipotle hummus prematurely (or use store-bought) for easy, flavorful lunches (or dinners) all week lengthy.
Extra Vegan Sandwich Recipes
If you happen to do this recipe, tell us! Depart a remark, fee it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, buddies!
Servings 1 (Sandwich)
- 3-4 Tbsp chipotle hummus (or sub store-bought)
- 3 slices tempeh bacon (or sub store-bought comparable to Lightlife)
- 2 slices sandwich bread of alternative (discover our gluten-free bread recipe right here)
- 6 slices recent cucumber
- 1-2 slices recent tomato
- 3 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts (or sub greens of alternative)
Toast bread (if desired) and slice the sandwich toppings (cucumber, tomato, avocado).
Assemble sandwich by spreading chipotle hummus on one slice of bread, then layer (on this order) cucumber, tempeh bacon, sprouts, tomato, avocado, and remaining slice of bread. Take pleasure in!
Finest when recent, however the hummus and tempeh bacon will preserve saved individually for 3-4 days if you wish to prep them forward and assemble sandwiches when prepared for fast weekday lunches!
*Prep time and prepare dinner time assume utilizing store-bought hummus and tempeh bacon and heating the tempeh bacon on the stovetop.
*Diet info is a tough estimate calculated with Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Entire Grain Bread and with home made hummus and tempeh bacon.
Serving: 1 sandwich Energy: 560 Carbohydrates: 69.2 g Protein: 25.5 g Fats: 24.9 g Saturated Fats: 3.2 g Polyunsaturated Fats: 8.9 g Monounsaturated Fats: 10.1 g Trans Fats: 0 g Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 1185 mg Potassium: 700 mg Fiber: 19.7 g Sugar: 18.2 g Vitamin A: 567 IU Vitamin C: 8 mg Calcium: 80 mg Iron: 4.9 mg