This Chocolate Mousse Cake is ideal for any celebration! The mousse is deliciously wealthy and creamy, and there may be completely no baking concerned!
This Girl Fingers Dessert takes the work out of constructing a dessert. Utilizing store-bought ladyfingers for construction makes this Mousse Cake Recipe a breeze to organize!
Why You Ought to Make this Girl Finger Cake
- When you really feel your baking expertise are missing, right here is a straightforward, decadent chocolate mousse cake recipe that requires completely no baking!
- Made with grocery retailer ladyfingers, selfmade chocolate mousse, and a whipped cream frosting, all you want is a mixer and rubber spatula, and somewhat endurance because it chills.
- That is fancy sufficient for firm or holidays, but simple sufficient for any event.
- The toughest half about this recipe was discovering gentle, spongy ladyfingers. Since considered one of our main grocery chains went out of enterprise, I had solely seen the more durable model used for tiramisu.
- Once I lastly positioned some, I snatched up two packages understanding I used to be approach overdue to make this cake. Although the packages said 3 ounces on the label, it took a part of a third bundle to cowl my loaf pan. So again to the market I went!
- PRO-Tip: Beware that the mousse layer of this cake comprises uncooked eggs. When you plan to feed this dessert to any kids, older people, or anybody who has a suppressed immune system, you should discover some pasteurized eggs. See beneath pasteurize at dwelling.
- Pasteurized eggs are gently heated to kill any food-borne micro organism with out cooking the eggs. They’ve turn out to be tougher to seek out regionally identical to gentle ladyfingers.
- When you’re a mousse lover however frightened about salmonella, I’ve a chocolate truffle mousse that’s really cooked so it’s protected for all. However it wouldn’t essentially work on this cake with out some trial runs.
- As with lots of my desserts, I exploit an offset spatula to clean and stage the mousse and unfold the whipped cream over the cake.
- PRO-Tip: Do you know whipping the cream in a bowl that’s been chilled within the freezer helps stabilize the whipped cream?
- Including powdered sugar as a substitute of granulated sugar additionally helps the whipped cream from separating (whereas offering that wanted contact of sweetness). It’s going to nonetheless ultimately separate, however utilizing the powdered sugar extends the usable time-frame.
Tips on how to Garnish
- Chocolate is all the time the straightforward reply when making a chocolate dessert. I made chocolate curls after which added some grated chocolate to complete it off.
- Chocolate shards are simpler to make than curls and are additionally spectacular. However for those who see any stunning pink berries available in the market, that’s another choice.
- Years in the past, after I first made this mousse cake, I positioned a line of ripe raspberries down the middle of the cake. It was easy and the pink popped on high of the white whipped cream frosting. Strawberry halves could be one other various.
Tips on how to Make
- Line your loaf pan with non-stick foil. It’s going to make it easier to take away the cake after it’s chilled and earlier than it’s frosted.
- Subsequent, Line the pan with ladyfingers, beginning with the underside, then the perimeters. Reduce items from the leftover ladyfingers to fill any giant openings.
- Layer half the mousse over the ladyfingers on the underside of the pan, adopted by the remainder of the mousse, then extra ladyfingers.
- Cowl with plastic wrap, chill as directed, then invert on a serving plate, slice, and serve.
“Unbelievable,” was the primary phrase out of Invoice’s mouth. He claimed to not like ladyfinger desserts earlier than tasting this one. It’s actually fairly easy to whip up. I would even up the quantity of whipped cream icing subsequent time to make it good and billowy. It was the proper solution to finish our vacation meal.
Regularly Requested Questions
Referred to as ladyfingers as a result of they’re formed like a girl’s delicate fingers, and their texture could be cake-like or cookie-like. They’re also referred to as boudoir biscuits, sponge biscuits, sponge fingers, Naples biscuits, or biscuits alla cuiller relying upon the place you’re positioned.
Ladyfingers have been round for the reason that late fifteenth century. This recipe makes use of the gentle, spongecake ladyfingers. The more durable model is called Savoiardi.
Both pound cake or sponge cake could be lower into the form of ladyfingers and used rather than gentle ladyfingers in a recipe. Biscotti could also be used rather than laborious ladyfingers if it is sensible together with your recipe.
Since pasteurized eggs are virtually inconceivable to seek out within the markets, to make this dessert protected for the younger, aged or immune-compromised, you possibly can pasteurize your eggs at dwelling. One good technique is discovered on Merely Recipes.
You Might Additionally Like:
- 2-3 (3 ounce) packages of ladyfingers
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7 egg yolks (pasteurized eggs most well-liked)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Raspberries or chocolate curls to garnish
- Break up ladyfingers and prepare them on the underside of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan lined on all sides with both parchment or non-stick foil. Trim ladyfingers to fill any empty spots. Put aside.
- Soften chocolate with 3 tablespoons of water within the microwave. Begin, cease, and stir at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and clean. The combination will probably be thick.
- Stir in powdered sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until clean. Permit it to chill.
- Beat the egg whites until gentle peaks kind. Combine a number of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate combination, then fold and blend in the remainder until utterly mixed.
- Unfold half of this chocolate mousse over the ladyfingers, then place a second layer of ladyfingers over the mousse.
- Prime with the remaining mousse after which one other layer of ladyfingers. Cowl with foil or plastic wrap. Chill for a minimum of 6 hours or in a single day.
- To serve, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla. Invert the pan onto a serving plate and take away the foil or parchment.
- Frost the cake with whipped cream and garnish with berries or chocolate curls.
Recipe courtesy of Sue Thomson. Search for ladyfingers within the bakery space of a big grocery retailer. They’re extra possible accessible across the holidays.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 409Complete Fats: 28gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 10gLdl cholesterol: 161mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.