Make this corn dip to your subsequent summer time social gathering, and your entire bowl will disappear in minutes. Creamy, tangy, candy, and spicy, it is at all times successful!
When you’re searching for a simple appetizer to carry to a celebration or BBQ this weekend, this corn dip is strictly what you want. It’s tremendous easy to make, and, like all the very best picnic and cookout recipes, it really will get higher should you make it forward.
…which is de facto saying one thing, as a result of this corn dip is insanely scrumptious to start with. A creamy, tangy combo of mayo and Greek yogurt coats juicy, smoky grilled corn kernels, jalapeños, and inexperienced onions. Lime juice makes it contemporary and brilliant, and large drizzles of scorching sauce add an additional kick. Yum, proper?! Properly, pop all of it within the fridge for an hour or so, and the flavors will attain a complete new degree. They meld right into a candy and spicy, wealthy and refreshing steadiness that’s downright irresistible. This corn dip recipe is designed for serving a crowd, nevertheless it’s so tasty that Jack and I’ve polished it off on our personal in a single sitting. I believe you’ll like it too!
Corn Dip Recipe Substances
I loosely primarily based this corn dip recipe on my Mexican road corn salad, which is itself loosely primarily based on the Mexican dish esquites, or charred corn kernels blended with a calmly creamy sauce spiked with chile and lime. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Contemporary candy corn, in fact! Grill it on the cob till the kernels are brilliant yellow and calmly charred. Then, slice the kernels off the cob to combine into the dip.
- Greek yogurt and mayo – Mayo is usually the creamy part utilized in esquites, as it’s in my Mexican road corn salad. To make this recipe even creamier, shifting it from salad territory to dip territory, I combine in Greek yogurt too. Be certain to make use of one with a extremely thick consistency, equivalent to Fage or Chobani.
- Lime juice – It provides brilliant, zesty taste.
- Garlic powder and onion powder – They offer the corn dip savory, umami taste.
- Scallions – For a contemporary, oniony chew.
- Jalapeño – It provides a kick of warmth.
- Cotija cheese – This crumbly Mexican cheese is SUCH a tasty topping for this corn dip! It provides salty, tangy, funky taste that basically takes the dip excessive. Can’t discover Cotija? Feta and even shredded cheddar cheese would work right here too.
- Contemporary cilantro – My go-to garnish after I’m working with components like grilled corn, jalapeños, and lime.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
When you like, high the dish together with your favourite scorching sauce (or a splash of chili powder or cayenne) for much more warmth.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Find out how to Make Corn Dip
Step one on this corn dip recipe is grilling the corn. I’ve two strategies I like to make use of, one with the husks on and one with the husks off. I like to recommend utilizing the second technique for this recipe, because it’s a bit faster and simpler. And since you’ll be reducing the corn kernels off the cob, nobody will see the husks anyway. Discover my information to grilling corn right here!
Slice the grilled corn kernels off the corncobs and set them apart to chill.
Within the meantime, combine collectively the dip’s creamy base of mayo, Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Subsequent, add the veggies. Earlier than you do, put aside a number of the corn kernels, scallions, and jalapeño for topping the dip. Stir the remaining corn, scallions, and jalapeño into the creamy mayo combination. When every little thing is nicely coated, cowl and refrigerate the dip for a minimum of one hour.
After the dip chills, it’s able to eat! Sprinkle it with the reserved veggies, the cheese, contemporary cilantro, and dashes of scorching sauce, if desired. Serve with corn chips. Get pleasure from!
Find out how to Serve Corn Dip
My favourite approach to serve this corn dip recipe is in a shallow bowl or serving platter. I unfold the dip in a skinny layer and canopy the highest with the contemporary garnishes, cheese, and dashes of scorching sauce. I really like that you just get a mixture of the punchy toppings and the creamy, zesty corn combination in each chew. Scoop it up with tortilla chips, and luxuriate in it with a summery drink like a margarita, mojito, or fresh-squeezed lemonade.
When you’re making this recipe for a celebration, take into account including it to a variety of appetizers like avocado salsa, blistered shishito peppers, and bean dip. It’d even be a enjoyable aspect dish for traditional cookout fare like veggie burgers, black bean burgers, or vegan scorching canines.
How do you prefer to serve corn dip? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Favourite Candy Corn Recipes
When you love this corn dip, strive one among these contemporary candy corn recipes subsequent:
Creamy, tangy, spicy, and candy, this corn dip recipe is SUCH a scrumptious social gathering appetizer! Be certain to sit back it for a minimum of an hour earlier than serving to offer the flavors an opportunity to meld.
- 5 ears contemporary corn
- ½ cup thick complete milk Greek yogurt, equivalent to Fage or Chobani
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 scallions, chopped, reserve some for topping
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced, reserve some for topping
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Cotija cheese, for serving
- Scorching sauce, chili powder, and/or cayenne, non-compulsory, for serving
- Contemporary cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Grill the corn based on this recipe. Slice the kernels off the cobs and put aside to chill.
In a big bowl, combine collectively the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Put aside a number of the corn, scallions, and jalapeño for topping the dip, then add the remaining corn, scallions, and jalapeño to the bowl and stir to coat. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
To serve, unfold the chilled corn dip in a shallow dish and high with the reserved corn, scallions, and jalapeño. Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with scorching sauce, if desired. Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.