If there’s a listing of essentially the most misunderstood veggies, Brussels sprouts are possible on the prime. However when accomplished proper (roasted till crispy), they’re downright drool-worthy! And when tossed with crunchy nuts, candy honey, and savory dukkah seasoning (like at Aba in Austin)? Subsequent degree!
This 7-ingredient crowd-pleasing aspect comes collectively in simply half-hour and is worthy of impressing dinner company or serving on the vacation desk. Allow us to present you the way it’s accomplished!
This recipe begins with roasted Brussels sprouts. However not simply any Brussels sprouts…crispy Brussels sprouts! And we now have a couple of suggestions to make sure success.
Ideas for Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Keep away from overcrowding the pan – house between the Brussels sprouts permits them to roast as a substitute of steaming.
- Excessive warmth (450 F / 232 C) – a excessive temperature ensures the Brussels sprouts brown earlier than they soften an excessive amount of. No soggy Brussels sprouts right here.
- Dry them off – After washing the sprouts, be sure that to dry them fully to encourage browning.
- Organize lower aspect down – putting the flat aspect of the Brussels sprouts immediately on the baking sheet maximizes their contact with the new floor, which creates browning.
- Cook dinner immediately on the baking sheet – for a similar purpose as above, it’s finest to prepare dinner them immediately on the baking sheet as a substitute of utilizing parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Whereas the Brussels sprouts are roasting, there’s time to arrange your toppings. Toast the almonds in a skillet and chop a pair medjool dates.
The time it takes for the Brussels sprouts to melt will depend upon their dimension, however after about quarter-hour, they’ll be tender with caramelized, crispy edges. Anybody else dive straight for the crispy edges!?
You might cease there, however it will get even higher. After tossing the roasted Brussels sprouts with candy honey and dates, crunchy toasted almonds, and smoky Dukkah seasoning, a restaurant-worthy aspect dish awaits!
We hope you LOVE these roasted Brussels sprouts! They’re:
Fast & simple
& SO scrumptious!
Pair them together with your favourite grain and protein for a easy, satisfying meal. They’d even be superb with our Simple 5-Minute Microwave Hummus (sprinkled with dukkah seasoning) or alongside our Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps.
Extra Scrumptious Brussels Sprouts Recipes
In case you do this recipe, tell us! Go away a remark, price it, and don’t neglect to tag a photograph @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, buddies!
Servings 4 (~1 cup servings)
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or different impartial, excessive warmth oil*)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp honey (uncooked, native if attainable // if vegan, sub maple syrup)
- 1 tsp olive oil (non-compulsory // for richness)
- 3 Tbsp Tremendous Easy Dukkah Seasoning (or store-bought)
- 2 pitted medjool dates, finely chopped (2 pitted chopped dates yield ~1/4 cup or 40 g)
Preheat the oven to 450 levels F (232 C) and set out a big baking sheet.
Add trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts (be sure that to dry them off in the event that they’re moist) to the naked baking sheet with avocado oil and toss to coat. Then add salt and toss once more to evenly distribute. Organize sprouts in a single layer lower aspect down. You need a bit house between the sprouts to encourage crispiness — use extra baking sheets as wanted.
Roast for 13-18 minutes (relying on the scale of your sprouts), till they’re fork tender with crispy brown edges.
Whereas the sprouts are roasting, toast the almonds. Warmth a small-medium skillet over medium warmth. Add the almonds and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously, till evenly browned. Watch carefully and watch out to not burn. Then take away from the pan and put aside.
When the Brussels sprouts are accomplished roasting, switch them to a mixing bowl and toss with honey and olive oil (non-compulsory) to coat. Then add the toasted almonds, dukkah, and chopped dates (break up any which might be clumped collectively) and stir to mix.
Style and modify as wanted, including extra dukkah for saltiness and smokiness, salt to style, or honey or dates for sweetness.
Finest served heat and recent. Leftovers will hold in a sealed container within the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat with a bit oil in a skillet till warmed. Not freezer pleasant.
*In case you would favor to bake at a decrease temperature or use parchment paper, you possibly can bake at 425 F (218 C) for 18-22 minutes, however the sprouts received’t get as crispy.
*Impressed by Aba Restaurant and loosely tailored from The New York Occasions.
*Diet info is a tough estimate calculated with out non-compulsory elements.
Serving: 1 serving Energy: 196 Carbohydrates: 24.9 g Protein: 6.5 g Fats: 9.8 g Saturated Fats: 1 g Polyunsaturated Fats: 1.4 g Monounsaturated Fats: 3.3 g Trans Fats: 0 g Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 288 mg Potassium: 570 mg Fiber: 5.9 g Sugar: 15.2 g Vitamin A: 884 IU Vitamin C: 96 mg Calcium: 71 mg Iron: 2.5 mg