Prep 10 minutes
Prepare dinner 4 hrs
Whole 4 hrs 10 minutes
This Crockpot Candy Potatoes With Marshmallows recipe goes to carry again some recollections. Tender candy potato cubes are completely seasoned along with your favourite fall spices and sweetened with maple syrup and, in fact, melted mini marshmallows.
A Tremendous-Easy Vacation Facet Everybody Will Love!
Certainly one of my favourite components of Thanksgiving as a baby was seeing the mini marshmallows within the casserole dish. I used to be all the time so amused with the truth that we might eat mini marshmallows with dinner. And now I can prepare dinner them anytime with this Crockpot Candy Potatoes With Marshmallows recipe.
Luckily, these little fluffy marshmallows pair completely with candy potatoes. Whoever considered that is pure genius! Candy potatoes are naturally candy and so they turn into much more scrumptious once you add melty mini marshmallows.
Marshmallows aren’t the one star of the dish although! The candy potatoes are tossed with pumpkin spice – the proper fall spice mix. To high all of it off, we’re cooking the candy potatoes in a crockpot. So, not solely is it scrumptious however really easy.
The Substances You’ll Want
Here’s what that you must make this straightforward crockpot recipe. Let’s hit up the pantry and get began!
- Candy Potatoes: Scrumptious and good for you! Do you know that one candy potato packs in 400% of your day by day Vitamin A wants?
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar caramelizes completely onto the candy potatoes.
- Maple Syrup: I all the time counsel utilizing pure maple syrup as an alternative of the pretend stuff.
- Butter: Unsalted is most well-liked right here. However in case you solely have salted butter, then omit the salt within the recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: The most effective spice mix to maintain useful through the fall season!
- Salt: Somewhat pinch of salt brings out the general sweetness of the dish – imagine it or not!
- Mini Marshmallows: My favourite half! Their sweetness is ideal and I really like the gooey texture they add.
What’s the Distinction Between Candied Yams and Candy Potatoes?
Yams and candy potatoes are a bit completely different despite the fact that they appear the identical.
Yams are starchier and usually are not as candy as candy potatoes. When you have been to eat them alone, they’d style extra like an everyday potato. Subsequently, once you make candied yams, you might want a bit extra sugar or different sweeteners to make them style “candied”. Additionally, typically candied yams use orange juice or brandy to assist carry their taste to life.
Candy potatoes are naturally sweeter. They don’t require as a lot sugar to style scrumptious. However, that doesn’t imply you could’t add maple syrup or sugars to them to make them style higher!
Tips on how to Make Crockpot Candy Potatoes with Marshmallows
You’ll have these yummy candy potatoes cooking away within the crockpot very quickly. Right here’s methods to make this recipe.
First, prep your gradual cooker. Merely spray your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray so the goodies don’t keep on with the underside!
Then, put every little thing within the crockpot. Give it a very good stir so the spices and sweeteners coat the candy potatoes.
Set the crockpot and wait. It’ll take about 4 hours to gradual prepare dinner the candy potatoes.
Lastly, add the marshmallows! About 5 minutes earlier than serving, you’ll stir within the mini marshmallows. Then, after about 3-4 minutes, this scrumptious candy potato dish is prepared!
Right here are some things to remember when making this candy potato recipe.
- When you like your candy potatoes with toasted marshmallows, you may spoon them right into a casserole dish after they’re cooked. Then, high with marshmallows and place within the oven at 400°F for about 10 minutes or till the tops of the marshmallows are browned and toasted.
- Add nuts! When you like nuts, you may add some nuts for a crunch. You should utilize pecans or walnuts, and even candied pecans!
Yummy Serving Concepts
You’ll simply want a number of extra dishes to make your vacation meal planning full! Listed here are some favorites that pair effectively with these candy potatoes and marshmallows.
- Waldorf Salad can also be a household favourite through the holidays. It’s a good way so as to add a contemporary, fruity salad to a wintery unfold.
- So as to add some inexperienced greens to your menu, attempt my Sauteed Inexperienced Beans with Bacon or The Greatest Inexperienced Bean Casserole.
- Don’t neglect to attempt my Garlic Mashed Potatoes for these of you who want each common potatoes and candy potatoes to your vacation unfold!
- And if you’re making these for the vacations, it’s a must to be certain to incorporate a batch of my very favourite Do-it-yourself Stuffing! It’s so contemporary and herb-y, I promise you gained’t remorse making it!
Storing and Reheating Directions
It’s really easy to retailer this candy potato dish as leftovers. Make sure that you retailer them in an air-tight container within the fridge. The dish will hold for as much as 5 days. Then, use a microwave to reheat any leftovers.
Can I Freeze Crockpot Candy Potatoes with Marshmallows?
It’s also possible to freeze this recipe. Once more, simply ensure you use a very good air-tight container. You possibly can freeze this dish for as much as 3 months.
Prepare dinner Time
4 hours 10 minutes
- 4 massive candy potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced into items
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Spray the gradual cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place the candy potatoes within the gradual cooker. Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and stir to mix.
- Place the lid on the gradual cooker and set it on excessive for 4 hours.
- 5 minutes earlier than serving, take away the lid and high with marshmallows. Place the lid again on the candy potatoes and let the marshmallows soften for 3 to five minutes. Serve instantly!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 316Whole Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 31mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Extra Vacation Facet Dishes
This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.