This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Not solely is that this gluten-free pie crust buttery and scrumptious, however it solely takes 4 easy substances to make! It’s additionally keto-friendly, making it the proper diet-conscious alternative for Thanksgiving!
The most effective pies begin on the crust. I like making my very own from scratch as a result of one, it’s loads simpler than you’d assume, and two, they style one million occasions higher! This vacation season, attempt my grandma’s excellent pie crust and take a look at this information to blind baking to make sure your pies end up completely!
The Greatest Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipe
Pie is likely one of the finest issues about Thanksgiving, and you must be capable to get pleasure from it even you probably have a gluten-free food regimen! This gluten-free pie crust provides you the very best of each worlds. It’s nonetheless golden brown and buttery, however made with almond flour to make it diet-friendly! And for these of you on the lookout for one thing keto as nicely, think about this your fortunate day. Almond flour is of course low-carb!
This gluten-free pie crust is tremendous straightforward to make. And did I point out you solely want 4 easy substances to whip it up? It’s the reply to your entire Thanksgiving baking wants! This crust is so buttery and flaky and a must-make for the vacations. Chances are you’ll even prefer it greater than a standard crust! Use it along with your favourite pie recipe, you received’t be capable to get sufficient.
Components You’ll Want
I imply, does it get any easier than this? So long as you’ve bought some almond flour, the remainder of the substances wanted to make this gluten-free crust are most likely in your pantry proper now! Be aware: all measurements will be discovered under within the recipe card.
- Almond Flour: Be sure you use almond flour and never almond meal. They’ve a distinct consistency. Additionally, the finer the flour the higher! I used ultra-fine almond flour in order that my crust turned out lump-free.
- Salt: You simply want a pinch to maintain your pie crust from tasting bland.
- Butter: Since we add salt individually, I used unsalted butter right here.
- Massive Egg: One giant egg helps to bind all the substances collectively!
Tips on how to Make a Gluten-Free Pie Crust
It solely takes 45 minutes from begin to end! This straightforward gluten free almond flour pie crust recipe is unquestionably one to maintain available. It’s really easy however seems completely each time. Gluten sensitivity or not, that is one thing that the entire household will be capable to get pleasure from.
Making ready the Dough
- Put together Pie Dish, Preheat Oven: Calmly grease a pie pan with cooking spray or butter and put aside. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Mix Components: In a big bowl combine your dry ingredients- almond flour and salt. Then add in your melted butter and egg. With a hand mixer, combine all of the substances collectively. As soon as it has all come collectively knead the combination by hand a bit to deliver all of it into a giant ball.
- Roll Out: Lay one sheet of parchment on a flat floor and place the dough on high, press flat and lay one other sheet on high and roll dough out right into a circle that can suit your pie pan.
- Add to Pan: Take away the highest sheet and place the dough within the pie pan, dough facet down. After you have it centered on the pie pan, take away the opposite sheet of wax paper.
- Form: It’s regular on your crust to disintegrate at this step, that is when you’ll press the dough into the pan evenly till all of the pan is roofed. At this level you may make an ornamental border.
- Bake: Poke across the backside of your gluten-free pie crust with a fork, and bake for 15-20 minutes with a crust defend overlaying the sides. Crust ought to be a golden colour when carried out.
- Par-Bake if Wanted: If you’re filling the pie with a filling that must be baked within the crust, par-bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then take away the crust from the oven, fill and bake in keeping with the filling’s directions.
Do I Must Use Pie Weights?
Almond flour is a little more dense than common flour, so it tends to carry its form higher. Utilizing pie weights is non-compulsory! If you’d like your gluten-free pie crust to be as excellent as doable, you need to use pie weights, raw rice, or dried beans within the backside to maintain it from rising or cracking whereas it bakes.
Now that you’ve this scrumptious gluten free pie crust able to go, all you need to do is add a tasty filling! This gluten-free pie crust works nice for each cream and fruit pies. Listed here are a number of of my favourite recipes to comply with in the event you want some Thanksgiving dessert inspiration! Discover extra of my favourite pie recipes right here.
Ideas for Making Your Pie Crust
From baking tricks to substitutions, listed below are a number of methods to excellent your gluten-free pie crust. It’s so flaky, buttery, and scrumptious! You’re going to utterly adore it!
- Use as a Single-Crust: This crust works finest as a backside crust. I like to recommend utilizing this with a pie that received’t require a crust on the highest. (Coconut cream pie, I’m you!)
- Make it Dairy-Free: You possibly can substitute the butter with coconut oil for a dairy-free possibility.
- Add Sweetness: If you wish to sweeten this pie crust you may add 1 tablespoon of sugar, or a sugar alternative.
- Use a Meals Processor: As a substitute of a hand mixer, you need to use a meals processor to attain a pleasant, advantageous crumb. This blends all of the substances collectively simply.
How Lengthy Does a Gluten-Free Pie Crust Final?
Excellent news is, this pie crust is nice for making forward! Whipping it up beforehand is nice for assuaging some strain on Turkey Day.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer lined with plastic wrap for as much as 1 week.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer wrapped in plastic wrap or in an hermetic bag or container for as much as 3 months.
Calmly grease a pie pan with cooking spray or butter and put aside. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
In a big bowl combine your almond flour and salt. Add in your melted butter and egg, with a hand mixer, combine all of the substances collectively. As soon as it has all come collectively knead it by hand a bit to deliver all of it into a giant ball.
Lay one sheet of parchment on a flat floor and place the dough on high, press flat and lay one other sheet on high and roll dough out right into a circle that can suit your pie pan.
Take away the highest sheet and place the dough within the pie pan, dough facet down. After you have it centered on the pie pan, take away the opposite sheet of wax paper.
It’s regular on your crust to disintegrate at this step, that is when you’ll press the dough into the pan evenly till all of the pan is roofed. At this level you may make an ornamental border.
Poke across the backside of the crust with a fork, and bake for 15-20 minutes with a crust defend on overlaying the sides. Crust ought to be a golden colour when carried out.
If you’re filling the pie with a filling that must be baked within the crust, par bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then take away the crust from the oven, fill and bake in keeping with the filling’s directions.
Energy1735kcal (87%)Carbohydrates48g (16%)Protein54g (108%)Fats161g (248%)Saturated Fats38g (190%)Polyunsaturated Fats3gMonounsaturated Fats14gTrans Fats2gLdl cholesterol286mg (95%)Sodium1231mg (51%)Potassium75mg (2%)Fiber24g (96%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A1656IU (33%)Calcium509mg (51%)Iron9mg (50%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.