Hen sous-chef casserole is a tackle a restaurant favourite. In the event you like sous-chef, you’ll LOVE this tacky hen casserole recipe.
A flavorful do-it-yourself creamy, tacky sauce is tossed with pasta, hen, and ham. It’s all topped with buttery breadcrumbs and baked till bubbly.
Prep forward and pop it within the oven for a straightforward meal any day of the week.
Simple Creamy Casserole
This simple casserole recipe is a tackle our favourite traditional hen sous-chef recipe.
- No must stuff & roll hen breasts, this simple casserole is simply full of taste.
- The sauce is constituted of scratch, no canned condensed cream of hen soup is required.
- This casserole might be made forward of time and baked simply earlier than serving.
- Not solely does this dish look spectacular, however the taste is excellent with a tacky white sauce and crispy golden panko topping.
Components in Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
Use leftover ham from final evening’s dinner or buy an affordable ham steak on the grocery retailer.
Selfmade Cheese Sauce – That is a straightforward do-it-yourself sous-chef sauce with plenty of taste. It begins with a base of milk and hen broth (any sort of milk works) which is thickened. It’s seasoned with a little bit of dijon, thyme, sherry, and Worcestershire sauce. In the event you don’t have cooking sherry, you’ll be able to add a little bit of white wine in place.
Cheese – Swiss cheese is conventional in hen sous-chef and offers this dish its well-known taste. The addition of both Monterey or white cheddar rounds out the flavour so the swiss cheese so it doesn’t overpower the entire dish. You should utilize any delicate cheese rather than Monterey jack (like mozzarella or provolone).
Pasta – For the pasta on this recipe, use medium noodles, like ziti, rotini, penne, and even egg noodles. A few cups of rice can be substituted or attempt roasted cauliflower florets for a low carb model.
The best way to Make Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Make the do-it-yourself cheese sauce (per recipe under).
- Prepare dinner the pasta al dente.
- In a big bowl, mix the hen, ham, pasta, and sauce.
- Place right into a baking dish and sprinkle with the topping combination. Bake till bubbly.
Suggestions for a Nice Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Don’t skip the shredded swiss cheese on this hen sous-chef casserole recipe, it provides this dish its signature taste.
- Cooking sherry might be substituted with candy white wine if wanted.
- Prepare dinner the pasta al dente, it would cook dinner a bit extra because it bakes.
- Permit the casserole to relaxation for about 10 minutes earlier than serving to thicken the sauce.
- Prep forward and wrap it in plastic wrap. This recipe might be stored within the fridge for 48 hours earlier than baking.
Can You Freeze Cordon Bleu Casserole?
- Sous-chef casserole is the right dish for making forward of time and freezing. Subsequently, leftovers are additionally nice for tossing within the freezer and having prepared for a fast dinner or for a pack-and-go lunch.
- To freeze, place it in an hermetic container. It can hold within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To reheat, enable the casserole to thaw within the fridge. Then cowl with aluminum foil, preheat the oven to 325°F, and bake for Half-hour or till heated by means of.
Did you’re keen on this Cordon Bleu Casserole? You should definitely go away a ranking and a remark under!
Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
That is a straightforward hen sous-chef as a result of all the pieces goes into the casserole dish collectively!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. Add flour and cook dinner for 1 minute, stirring continually. Whisk in hen broth and milk slightly bit at a time till clean. Proceed stirring till the sauce thickens, about 7 minutes. Let boil 1 minute.
Add in sherry, Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Take away from warmth and stir in Swiss & Monterey Jack cheeses.
In the meantime, cook dinner pasta al dente in line with bundle instructions. Don’t overcook. Mix pasta, hen, ham, and sauce. Pour right into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Mix melted butter, Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese & parsley. Sprinkle over prime of casserole.
Bake uncovered for 25-Half-hour or till scorching and the highest is calmly browned. Take away from the oven and relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
For the hen, use rotisserie or cooked hen breasts.
Leftovers might be refrigerated as much as 3 days, and can hold within the freezer as much as 3 months.
If making forward for freezer or fridge, go away off the topping and add earlier than cooking.
To reheat, cowl with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven set at 325°F.
Energy: 590 | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 27g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 777mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 392mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.