My home made Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts are completely crisp, buttery, and never too candy. They’re surprisingly easy to make with a number of pantry staples. Assured to spark some childhood nostalgia! Recipe features a how-to video.
The BEST Pop-Tart Taste: Brown Sugar Cinnamon!
When the pop-tart craving strikes, what taste do you attain for? Are you a traditional strawberry pop-tart sort of individual? Chocolate pop-tarts? , For me, it’s the brown sugar pop-tarts each. time. Naturally, I needed to give you a home made model, and actually, I’m just about obsessive about how they turned out!
These brown sugar pop-tarts have a superbly flavored brown sugar filling; it has simply the precise accent of cinnamon, isn’t not too candy (tempering it with a little bit of flour helps!) and has the proper texture. The filling is wrapped in a buttery, crisp, flaky crust (constructed from my pie dough) and topped off with a easy and glossy brown sugar glaze. They’re true pop-tart perfection!
There are plenty of steps on this recipe, nevertheless it’s removed from sophisticated. I’m going to interrupt down every half and describe it intimately so that you gained’t have any points. If you happen to’re nonetheless feeling overwhelmed, you possibly can all the time make the dough upfront so that you don’t need to do every little thing the identical day. Belief me although, these pop-tarts are properly definitely worth the effort!
What You Want
You’ll be happy to know that these home made brown sugar pop-tarts require very primary components you’ll (hopefully) have already got readily available. Listed below are the necessary ones:
- Unsalted butter. Very chilly butter creates one of the best, flakiest pop-tart crust! I sometimes freeze mine for quarter-hour earlier than including it to my meals processor to ensure it’s good and chilly.
- Bitter cream. It’s possible you’ll bear in mind this secret ingredient from my pie crust; it makes a foolproof dough with no guesswork or ice water required. And no, it is going to not make your crust style like bitter cream!
- Brown sugar. I want to make use of mild brown sugar for the filling and darkish brown sugar for the glaze. When you might use mild brown sugar for each, I most well-liked the darkish brown within the glaze as a result of it gave a greater coloration and taste. I don’t advocate utilizing all darkish brown sugar although; the filling might be overpoweringly candy and wealthy should you do.
- Corn syrup. I do know a few of you cringe while you see this ingredient listed in my recipes, however I wish to gently remind you that corn syrup is not the identical factor as excessive fructose corn syrup! I like utilizing corn syrup within the glaze for these brown sugar pop-tarts to make it shiny and agency. Sure, you possibly can go away it out, however your glaze gained’t set as properly or be as fairly!
SAM’S TIP: Make these brown sugar pop-tarts along with your youngsters! They may love reducing with the cookie cutter, portioning the filling, and drizzling the glaze.
Bear in mind, that is simply an summary of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
Make Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts
- Mix the dry components in a meals processor, then drop within the chilly butter and pulse to chop it in.
- Add the bitter cream and pulse till the dough clings collectively, then switch it to a flippantly floured floor.
- Kind the dough right into a 1″ thick disc, wrap it in plastic, and chill it for 30-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the filling. Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt, then stir within the vanilla and melted butter till you’ve gotten a paste-like combination.
SAM’S TIP: If you happen to don’t have a meals processor, use a pastry cutter (or fork/knife) to chop the butter into the flour combination and stir within the bitter cream by hand. It’s a bit extra work, however it is going to nonetheless work high-quality!
- Roll your dough into a big rectangle, minimize out your pop-tart shapes (a cookie cutter makes this tremendous straightforward and makes your cuts good and uniform, I’ll hyperlink to the one I exploit within the recipe), and place half of them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the rectangles with egg wash, add the filling, then high with the remaining rectangles.
- Use a fork to crimp the perimeters of every pop-tart, brush them with egg wash, then poke a number of holes within the high for air flow.
- Bake the pop-tarts on a parchment lined baking sheet, allow them to cool utterly, and high with glaze.
SAM’S TIP: In case your dough begins to crack whereas rolling, take a break and let the dough heat up just a little extra. That is extra more likely to occur should you chilled for the dough for 60+ minutes.
Continuously Requested Questions
I suppose you might use the filling and icing with puff pastry as a substitute of pie crust. You’d want one batch of my puff pastry or two sheets of store-bought puff pastry to equal the quantity of dough on this recipe. Doing this may make one thing nearer to a toaster strudel than a pop-tart although!
I haven’t tried this myself, however I feel substituting a 1:1 gluten-free flour on this recipe would work simply high-quality. If you happen to do that, please let me know the way it goes within the feedback under!
Retailer your brown sugar pop-tarts in an hermetic container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You may also freeze them for a number of months.
These brown sugar pop-tarts pack properly in lunchboxes and would make a fantastic back-to-school snack! ?
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! If you happen to do that recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram, and you may as well discover me on YouTube and Fb
Home made Brown Sugar Pop-Tart Recipe
Servings: 10 pop-tarts
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix flour, sugar, and salt within the basin of a meals processor and pulse to mix.
Scatter butter items over the floor and pulse in 1-second increments till butter is minimize into the flour combination. Pea-sized butter items might stay.
Add bitter cream and pulse once more simply till dough begins to cling collectively. Flip dough out onto a clear, flippantly floured floor and work right into a 1” thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for no less than 30-60 minutes. Shortly earlier than you might be able to roll out your dough, put together the filling and egg wash:
Stir collectively brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt till mixed.
Add melted butter and vanilla extract and stir till mixed and combination is paste-like. Put aside.
Put together egg wash by whisking collectively egg and water till well-combined.
Preheat oven to 400F (205C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Switch chilled pastry dough to a clear, flippantly floured floor and use a flippantly floured rolling pin to roll dough right into a rectangle that’s between ⅛-¼” thick (0.5cm). Reduce into roughly 2 ½”x4” (6x10cm) rectangles (you should utilize a pointy knife or pizza wheel, however I like to make use of the cookie cutter I linked to within the tools part within the recipe card).
Place one cut-out rectangle on ready baking sheet and flippantly brush with an excellent coating of egg wash.
Scoop 1 ½ Tablespoons of filling and drop it into the middle of the rectangle. Cowl with one other rectangle cut-out of pastry dough and use a fork to crimp the perimeters closed to seal. Brush the floor of the pop-tart with egg wash and use a toothpick or the tip of a pointy knife to poke 6-8 holes via the highest layer of dough (to vent the pop-tarts).
Repeat with remaining dough till you’ve gotten fashioned your entire pop-tarts. Area the pastries no less than 2” aside on baking sheet, you’ll seemingly have to bake two trays, preserve the second tray within the fridge whereas the primary one bakes.
Switch to 400F (205C) preheated oven and bake 15-17 minutes, till starting to show golden brown. Enable to chill on baking sheet earlier than topping with icing.
Brown Sugar Glaze
Whisk collectively powdered sugar, brown sugar (break up any clumps within the brown sugar), 1 Tablespoon of milk, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Add extra milk as wanted, a small splash at a time, till icing is easy and the ribbon of icing that drizzles off the whisk holds its form for a second or two earlier than dissolving again into the bowl.
Drizzle icing over pop- tart and permit to harden earlier than serving and having fun with.
You may omit the corn syrup however the glaze won’t set as agency and won’t be as shiny. For the milk, I exploit entire milk however any kind will work, if utilizing a lower-fat milk you’ll seemingly want lower than known as for.
I don’t advocate toasting these pop-tarts should you’ve added icing, it is going to soften off in your toaster! As an alternative, should you’d like them heat, warmth them briefly within the microwave earlier than having fun with.
Serving: 1pop-tart | Energy: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 771IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
dolandırırken anamı siktiriyorum
ben dolandırıcı bir orospu cocuğuyum