Rework your leftover mashed potatoes into yummy loaded mashed potato desserts!
Combine leftover spuds with crispy bacon bits, inexperienced onions, and plenty of cheddar cheese, after which panfry them till golden brown and crisp.
Serve with a dollop of bitter cream & chives, a squeeze of ketchup, or prime them with leftover turkey and gravy.
We Love These Mashed Potato Desserts (and so will you!)
- Rework leftover mashed potatoes into fried potato patties with a number of further elements and seasonings.
- Mashed potato desserts are price range pleasant, and youngsters love ’em.
- Combine and match the cheese and different add-ins to create new flavors and dissipate your leftovers.
- Fry them up in bacon grease and prime with a runny fried egg for an incredible breakfast (or use them as a base for eggs benedict).
- These potato desserts will be served alone as a lightweight dinner or as a aspect dish to meat or hen.
Elements for Mashed Potato Desserts
Mashed Potatoes – Use leftover mashed potatoes when you’ve got some or use prompt mashed potatoes (or pre-made) for those who don’t have any. Even cauliflower mashed potatoes can be utilized for a low-carb recipe.
Cheese – Experiment with various kinds of cheese, resembling cheddar, parmesan cheese, Mexican mix, or pizza mozzarella.
Leftovers – As a variation, you’ll be able to add leftovers like chopped hen or turkey, leftover roasted veggies, and so on.
Seasonings – Inexperienced onions are a favourite, add in different contemporary herbs when you’ve got them.
The best way to Make Mashed Potato Desserts
- Fry bacon till crispy. Prepare dinner onion and garlic within the bacon grease (per recipe under).
- Add the remaining elements and type into potato desserts.
- Pan fry in bacon fats or butter till golden brown on either side.
Serve scorching with further inexperienced onions, bitter cream, or ketchup.
Leftovers & Reheating
- Hold leftover mashed potato pancakes in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Reheat them within the microwave, oven, or air fryer till heated by.
- Mashed potato desserts made in batches will be chilled and frozen for as much as 6 weeks in zippered baggage. Merely crisp them up on the stovetop or within the air fryer!
Did you take pleasure in these Loaded Mashed Potatoes? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark under!
Loaded Mashed Potato Desserts
These loaded mashed potato desserts make an incredible aspect dish or mild dinner or lunch! They’re the proper technique to take pleasure in leftover potatoes and the flavour combos are countless!
In a big skillet, fry the bacon over medium warmth till crispy. Drain on paper towels and, as soon as cooled, crumble.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon within the frying pan. Prepare dinner the onion and garlic over medium warmth till translucent. (If utilizing inexperienced onion, no have to precook).
In a medium bowl, mix crumbled bacon, mashed potatoes, cooked onion, shredded cheese, basil, parsley, salt & pepper. Combine effectively and add flour a bit at a time till the potato desserts maintain collectively. You might not want the entire flour.
Soften 1 tablespoon of butter (or leftover bacon fats) in a clear skillet over medium warmth.
Scoop about ¼ of a cup of the potato combination and type it right into a ball. Place it within the scorching pan and flatten it with a spatula till it’s about ½ – ¾″ thick. Repeat with remaining potato desserts (cooking in batches if wanted).
Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on all sides, till the potato patties are golden brown and crisp.
For finest outcomes, serve instantly, whereas scorching and crispy.
Prime with inexperienced onions, bitter cream or ketchup.
Air Fryer – Potato desserts will be cooked in an air fryer. Type into patties and brush with melted butter. Prepare dinner at 400°F for about 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes.
*Diet data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
Leftover desserts will maintain in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. They can be frozen and can maintain for six weeks within the freezer.
Energy: 253 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.