Mississippi sin dip, you might ask, what is that this? Properly, it’s French bread full of a ham and cheese combination that’s completely seasoned with inexperienced chilies and inexperienced onions.
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Heat and Tacky Celebration Dip and Appetizer
This easy-to-make occasion dip combines the saltiness of ham and cheddar cheese, the gentle warmth from inexperienced chilies, and the freshness of inexperienced onions with the tang of cream cheese and bitter cream.
Serve this Mississippi Sin Dip recipe with chips and toast factors at your subsequent get-together or as particular person hors d’oeuvres at an informal dinner. It’s additionally nice to make for sport day or a potluck.
Though the dip is a bit retro, your visitor gained’t care as soon as they struggle it!
What Makes This Mississippi Dip Recipe So Good
As tempting as it could be, this Mississippi Sin Dip is not going to result in everlasting damnation. Truly, to be sincere, it’s fairly heavenly.
This model of the recipe is a bit milder than different Mississippi Sin Dip recipes you could have run throughout, which is nice for much less adventurous eaters.
Mississippi Sin Dip Substances
For Mississippi Ham Sin Dip, you’ll want:
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cream cheese
- Bitter cream
- Canned chopped inexperienced chiles
- Inexperienced onions
- Loaf of French bread
To serve, you’ll want:
- Toasted bread cubes
This recipe requires deli ham however you possibly can substitute it with thick-sliced country-style ham.
You should use chives as an alternative of inexperienced onions should you choose.
Use a very good high quality loaf of crusty French bread. Minimize off the highest and hole it out. Save the bread inside of the bread. Minimize the bread into cubes and toast them with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper in a skillet over medium warmth.
How To Make This Sizzling Ham and Cheese Dip
To organize this Mississippi Sin Dip recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
- Minimize the ham into medium cube.
- Drain the inexperienced chiles.
- Slice the inexperienced onions thinly.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix all of the dip substances. Stir properly to include all the pieces absolutely.
- Hole out the loaf of bread.
- Fill the hollowed-out bread with the cheese combination.
- Wrap the bread bowl loosely in aluminum foil and place it on a baking tray.
- Bake for an hour.
- Unwrap and serve whereas nonetheless heat.
There are numerous methods to alter this dip to fit your style. Listed below are a number of to whet your urge for food and creativity:
- Swap the substances. Use cooked bacon bits or sausage as an alternative of ham. Substitute the inexperienced chiles for pickled jalapenos, or change the cheese to Gruyere or Smoked Gouda for a sturdy, smoky taste.
- Spice issues up. Sprinkle in a teaspoon garlic powder, a touch of smoked paprika, or a bit white pepper. Add a teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and your favourite sizzling sauce.
- Use totally different bread. This dip can be nice in sourdough or Italian bread.
- Neglect the bread bowl. Use a casserole baking dish to warmth and serve the dip. Otherwise you hold it heat in a Crockpot gradual cooker on low.
How To Serve Mississippi Sin Dip
The normal strategy to serve this dip is inside a bread bowl with crackers, tortilla chips, chips, or toasted bread croutons. However you will have numerous different choices:
- Flip this dip right into a sandwich unfold and serve it between two buttered slices of toasted or grilled sourdough bread.
- Use it as a hearty filling for a baked potato.
- Hole out and toast dinner rolls to make a person serving.
- Eat on a bagel or sizzling biscuit for breakfast.
- Stuff inside an omelet.
How To Retailer Mississippi Ham Sin Dip Leftovers
Should you served the dip, be protected and throw away any leftovers. Nevertheless, should you made additional dip and didn’t put it out, you possibly can refrigerate it for as much as three days in an hermetic container.
Tips on how to Reheat
Reheat the dip within the oven at 350°F for about an hour. Warmth the dip in a coated casserole dish or an aluminum-wrapped bread bowl.
Favourite Celebration Dips
This recipe is from Kathelynn. This was her entry for the Tremendous Bowl recipes for 2011. This can be a tasty stuffed bread that tastes so good. She recommends you can serve this or deliver it together with you. It serves 10 or extra.
Mississippi Sin Dip
Mississippi Sin dip is a scrumptious appetizer.
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bitter cream
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 4 ounces inexperienced chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped inexperienced onions
- 1 loaf French bread
Preheat oven to 350 levels.
Mix all of the substances besides the bread.
Hole out the bread.
Place the cheese combination within the bread.
Wrap your complete loaf with foil.
Bake for 1 hour.
Take away from oven.
Serve heat with bread cubes, crackers, Fritos Scoops, or thick-cut potato chips.
Energy: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 0.8mg