This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my full disclosure for particulars.
Hello Daring Bakers!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE: This O’Driscolls Irish Whiskey Chocolate Mousse recipe is the last word dessert for chocolate and liquor lovers. It’s loaded with wealthy chocolate flavors and a cheeky kick of Irish whiskey topped with ethereal Whiskey whipped cream – what’s to not love?
It’s lastly March, which suggests one in every of my favourite holidays – St. Patrick’s Day is true across the nook! Particularly as an Irish baker, I like creating recipes that incorporate part of my Irish tradition from baking types to substances. Above all, nothing screams extra Irish than a great bottle of whiskey!
Due to this fact, I’ve made the most effective Irish Whiskey Chocolate Mousse recipe for these of you who love mild, ethereal, spicey, and chocolatey desserts. It’s acquired a pleasant layer of billowy Chocolate Mousse topped with calmly whipped cream each infused with clean whiskey alongside a garnish of chocolate shavings. I particularly use O’Driscolls’ whiskey within the spirit of the Irish vacation, because it’s a traditional liquor model in Eire.
This Chocolate Mousse Recipe makes the proper grownup deal with to your upcoming St. Patrick’s day events in addition to a scrumptious deal with to have all to your self. All in all, it’s a win-win dessert!
Historical past Of The O’Driscoll Household
I’m proud to say that O’Driscoll’s Irish Whiskey is a household enterprise. It’s based by my cousin, Michael J Stafford the managing director of Stafford Bonded in my dwelling city of Wexford, Eire. Michael carried on the household enterprise created by our grandfather (James Stafford) and likewise our fathers (George Stafford Snr and Michael Stafford Snr). Michael has chronicled the historical past of the Stafford household in Wexford fantastically on the Stafford Bonded web site . O’Driscoll’s Irish Whiskey is impressed by Diarmuid O’Driscoll, Michael’s different Grandfather. A pillar within the household, an inspiration and an incredible story teller. You’ll be able to meet Diarmuid right here.
The O’Driscolls have been a household of pirates and smugglers recognized to construct castles, harbors, and ships. By the fifteenth century, they have been one of many notoriously strongest clans in Eire. Their territories and wealth exceeded the abnormal with possession of many various castles within the Baltimore space of Cork and surrounding islands.
Whereas land properties made up a substantial portion of their energy, it was the wild Atlantic Ocean that was their actual area – and just a few dared to enter the O’Driscolls’ waters with out an invite. So notorious have been the O’Driscolls that in 1450, Henry VI decreed that nobody from Waterford and Wexford may fish on this household’s territory or else they might be met with heavy penalties or forfeiture.
The O’Driscoll household’s luck ran till the seventeenth century after they have been pressured to give up to the English Crown. Although they could have surrendered, the O’Driscolls stay a pressure in County Cork to at the present time with one in every of their influences on a number one model of whiskey in Eire.
Desk Of Contents
What Is O’Driscolls Whiskey Chocolate Mousse?
Chocolate Mousse is a smooth, ethereal, and light-weight dessert that originates from France. In comparison with savory mousses, candy mousses are extra frequent and are sometimes made utilizing whipped egg whites and cream. In Chocolate Mousse, egg yolks are used to make the chocolate richer. Equally, this recipe comprises chocolate, however we’re additionally including an additional Irish contact of whiskey!
O’Driscolls Irish whiskey is produced and bottled by West Cork Distillers in Skibbereen, County Cork, Eire. It’s named after the well-known O’Driscoll household of the ocean and encapsulates the wild Atlantic spirit of journey, bravery, and survival.
With its distinguished vanilla and caramel flavors, its clean and creamy texture, and a kick from the alcohol, it makes an incredible addition to an already scrumptious Chocolate Mousse. It’s going to add a large amount of depth to your chocolate flavors and create an total elegant dessert.
Substances for Whiskey Chocolate Mousse Recipe
To Make The Chocolate Mousse:
- Bittersweet chocolate: One of these chocolate is good for a deep and wealthy chocolatey taste. However make sure that to finely chop earlier than use in order that it melts evenly.
- Espresso powder: Including instantaneous espresso powder will add a deep espresso taste to your chocolate combination. Use instantaneous powder in order that it dissolves with the liquid.
- Eggs: Use giant, good-quality eggs, and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Granulated sugar: Also referred to as white sugar, it’s going to add some sweetness to your bittersweet chocolate.
- O’Driscolls Irish whiskey: Clean and creamy texture with vanilla and caramel flavors, it’s the proper addition to boost your chocolate mousse. Be happy to make use of different liquor or liqueurs when you want.
- Butter: Utilizing room-temperature butter will make it simpler to soften together with your chocolate.
- Water: Including water will loosen up your chocolate combination in order that it isn’t too thick.
To Make The Whiskey Cream:
- Heavy cream: That is the most effective cream to whip, because the high-fat content material offers you smooth and stiff peaks.
- Granulated sugar: Extra sweetness by no means damage anyone!
- O’Driscolls Irish whiskey: Add some whiskey to your cream as nicely to boost the whiskey flavors all through the dessert.
- Chocolate shavings: Sprinkling some shavings as garnish will tie your chocolate mousse collectively.
How To Make Whiskey Chocolate Mousse
To Make The Chocolate Mousse:
- Toss the chocolate and espresso powder in a heat-proof bowl and put aside.
- Firstly, within the prime of a double boiler over simmering water, mix the egg yolks, sugar, and whiskey, stirring consistently till the combination thickens sufficient to coat the again of a spoon.
- Instantly stir within the butter and water till melted and warmed by way of, then pour the combination over the chocolate. Let sit with out stirring to permit the chocolate to fully soften.
- Whisk till mixed, then pressure right into a bowl. Put aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites on excessive to smooth peaks.
- Subsequently, add the remaining tablespoon of sugar and proceed beating till the egg whites are stiff and shiny.
- Fold a portion of the egg whites into the chocolate combination to loosen the custard, then gently fold within the remaining egg whites till totally mixed.
- Divide the mousse amongst serving glasses and refrigerate to set.
To Make The Whiskey Cream:
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream, sugar, and whiskey. Whip on medium-high velocity to smooth, billowy peaks.
- Dollop the whipped cream on prime of the mousse and garnish with the chocolate shavings. Serve instantly.
How To Double Boil Chocolate
It’s really helpful to make use of a double boiler or a Bain-marie, so your chocolate doesn’t seize or develop into lumpy or grainy. As a result of both software melts chocolate in a gentler means. You basically stack one pot or heat-proof bowl on prime of a pot stuffed with water. Warmth it to barely a simmer, and the steam from the decrease pot will warmth the higher scorching or bowl the place the chocolate can step by step soften.
If you happen to’re in a pinch, place your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it in 20-second intervals. Be certain that to stir in between.
What Sort Of Chocolate Is Greatest For Melting?
Basically, the most effective kind of chocolate for melting is chocolate which comprises increased percentages of fats. As a result of it consists of much less sugar and extra cocoa butter. On this recipe, I take advantage of bittersweet chocolate for its high-fat content material and extra steadiness of candy and bitter flavors.
Alcohol-Free Whiskey Chocolate Mousse Recipe
If you wish to make this enjoyable grownup dessert alcohol-free, so children or anybody who doesn’t want alcohol of their treats can take pleasure in it, change the whiskey within the mousse with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and three tablespoons of water. Moreover, change the whiskey within the cream with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Simply as scrumptious!
Can I Make Whiskey Chocolate Mousse In Advance?
In fact! You may make your Chocolate Mousse as much as a day prematurely. Maintain them within the fridge to allow them to set and be chilled for everytime you want them.
How To Retailer Whiskey Chocolate Mousse
Whereas it’s finest to serve and eat your whole Whiskey Chocolate Mousse on the day, you may maintain it within the fridge well-covered for as much as 4 days.
You too can freeze your mousse for as much as 2 months. Be aware that it’s going to change the feel and taste of your mousse consequently. Once you need to eat it, take it out of the freezer and let it thaw within the fridge in a single day till you may spoon it out.
Is Whiskey Chocolate Mousse secure for kids?
Though the quantity of whiskey isn’t that top on this recipe, it nonetheless comprises alcohol making it unsafe for kids to eat. Nonetheless, you may positively make alcohol-free variations so that everybody can take pleasure in some Chocolate Mousse!
Can I take advantage of milk chocolate as an alternative of bittersweet chocolate?
On condition that this mousse is already very wealthy by itself, if you wish to use milk chocolate, I counsel decreasing the quantity of chocolate or bumping up the quantity of water only a tad to steadiness out the sweetness.
How do I do know if my mousse has set correctly?
Be certain that to whisk and fold correctly to make sure that your mousse will probably be set. These vital processes will make it easier to create ethereal, mild, silky clean and agency foamy (as an alternative of being watery) texture.
Are there substitutes for heavy cream?
Sure, there are! Be happy to make use of full-fat coconut cream, Aquafaba, half-and-half, or Greek yogurt as an alternative of heavy cream. Do anticipate that these substitutes could alter the flavour and texture of your Whiskey Chocolate Mousse consequently.
What ought to I do if I don’t have a stand mixer or an electrical hand mixer?
Although a stand mixer or an electrical hand mixer will make your job rather a lot simpler, there’s nothing just a little elbow grease can’t repair. You should utilize a whisk to mix all substances. On this case, make sure that to totally combine.
Gemma’s Professional Chef Suggestions:
- Make sure to chop the chocolate very finely to make sure that all of it melts.
- This recipe makes use of uncooked egg whites. Per your well being wants or choice, purchase pasteurized egg whites in cartons at most grocery shops . If you happen to do that you will want ½ cup (4 oz/120 g) pasteurized egg whites to equal 4 recent egg whites.
- This dessert is kind of wealthy. Therefore even the parts appear small,they would be the good quantity.
- Instead of whiskey, you should use amaretto, Grand Marnier, or every other liquor or liqueur of your selection.
- To make this alcohol-free, change the whiskey within the mousse with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and three tablespoons of water, and change the whiskey within the cream with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
And don’t miss extra on a regular basis baking recipes in my NEW Larger Bolder Baking Each Day Cookbook!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.