Panera Frontega Hen Sandwich is nice for lunch or dinner. Black pepper focaccia bread full of smoked rooster, bacon, avocado, mozzarella cheese, tomato, onion, and chipotle sauce is a scrumptious and hearty meal.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes This Sandwich So Good?
Have you ever ever had a toasted Frontega Hen from Panera Bread? It’s one heck of a well-balanced sandwich!
The mixture of smokiness from the rooster, bacon, and chipotle sauce works terribly effectively with the creaminess of the avocado and melty mozzarella cheese. The tomato and crimson onions’ acidity with the basil’s freshness lifts the flavour of all the sandwich.
Complicated but utterly coherent, that is one sandwich that you must strive.
Be Prepared If the Sandwich Disappears Once more!
For these hopelessly hooked on the style of the Panera Frontega Hen Sandwich, the choice by the chain to drag it as a menu merchandise hit exhausting to all its followers. Though the restaurant ultimately introduced the sandwich again, not less than briefly, there’s no assure it’ll stick round eternally.
Oh, and initially it was a Frontega Hen Panini Sandwich. Nevertheless, it has since modified to easily being toasted within the oven as an alternative of being made in a panini press.
If you’re a fan, your finest wager is to discover ways to make it at house with the recipe beneath.
Elements For a Toasted Frontega Hen Sandwich
To make the chipotle mayo sauce, you’ll want:
- Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
To make a Frontega Hen Sandwich Panera type, you’ll want:
- Black pepper focaccia bread
- Recent basil leaves
- Smoked rooster
- Small crimson onion
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chipotle sauce
Should you can’t discover black pepper focaccia bread, be at liberty to substitute one other sort of focaccia or focaccia rolls. You can too use ciabatta bread or any bread you favor.
Panera makes use of a smoked pulled rooster that almost all shops don’t promote. If you’re less than smoking rooster only for this recipe, you need to use easier-to-find smoked sliced rooster instead on this recipe.
Recent mozzarella cheese is finest, however deli-style cheese is appropriate.
Making ready a Panera Frontega Hen Sandwich
To make the chipotle sauce:
- In a small bowl combine elements for the chipotle sauce till mixed.
- Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and retailer the chipotle mayonnaise within the fridge till wanted. The sauce will last as long as 5 days within the fridge.
To assemble the sandwich:
- Transfer an oven rack to the highest place and preheat the broiler.
- Put the loaf focaccia bread on a chopping board. Place one hand on high of the bread and use a serrated knife to chop the bread in half parallel with the chopping board. Then lower the sliced bread in half from the highest.
- Place the bread cut-side up on a baking tray. You may spray the tray with nonstick spray or line it parchment paper.
- Use a rubber spatula or knife to unfold about 2 teaspoons sauce into a skinny layer on the lower aspect of each the highest and backside slices of bread.
- Layer the elements on the underside half of the bread within the following order: basil, bacon, rooster, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the tray within the oven and broil till the cheese melts and the bread will get crispy. Don’t stroll away as a result of it gained’t take too lengthy.
- Take away the sandwich from the oven.
- Put the crimson onion slices and tomatoes on high of the melted cheese.
- Cowl with the highest slice of bread and serve the new sandwich.
A Beefy Recipe Variation to Attempt
Moreover the ingredient substitutions already talked about, strive changing the smoked rooster with thinly sliced beef and swapping out the chipotle sauce in favor of additional spicy ready horseradish sauce.
What To Serve With This Toasted Frontega Hen Sandwich
Ideas for Brown Bagging This Sandwich for Greatest Outcomes
A Panera Frontega Hen Sandwich makes a superb take-along lunch. Listed below are a number of hints when making the sandwich to go:
- Take into account packing the tomatoes individually in a plastic bag to stop the sandwich from getting soggy. Alternatively, you may strive making the sandwich with sundried tomatoes as an alternative of contemporary ones.
- Apply an additional thick layer of chipotle sauce on the highest and backside slices of bread. The mayo gives some safety in opposition to the bread turning into soggy.
- Placing the sandwich in a plastic bag could cause condensation. As a substitute, wrap it in parchment or butcher paper.
Extra Panera Copycat Recipes
Favourite Sandwich Recipes
Panera Frontega Hen Sandwich
You may make Panera Bread Frontega Hen Sandwich at house with this straightforward copycat recipe.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 1 Black pepper focaccia bread
- 2 or 3 contemporary basil leaves
- 2 ounces smoked rooster
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices tomato
- 3 to 4 slices crimson onion
- salt and pepper to style
- 3 slices avocado
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.
Stir effectively, and put aside.
Lower the focaccia into fourths. Then slice each bit horizontally so that you’ve got bread for 4 sandwiches.
Unfold the chipotle sauce on the underside of the bread, and add the basil.
Add the smoked rooster, bacon, tomato, avocado, onion, and cheese.
Earlier than overlaying the sandwich, pop it underneath a broiler for 3 to five minutes till the cheese begins to soften.
Take away the sandwich from the oven, and place the highest slice of bread onto the melted cheese. Serve instantly.
Energy: 990kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 35g | Fats: 69g | Saturated Fats: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 23g | Monounsaturated Fats: 22g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1511mg | Potassium: 776mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 1mg