Prep 15 minutes
Cook dinner 12 minutes
Add’l 30 minutes
Whole 57 minutes
Enjoyment of these satisfying Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies! With a touch of cinnamon, crisp edges, and a chewy heart, these healthful cookies made with rolled oats and creamy peanut butter are positive to please!
Once I found peanut butter oatmeal cookies, I had no clue simply how wonderful they have been going to be. I imply, I like peanut butter cookie as a lot (or extra!) than the following baker. And Oatmeal Cookies, in my e-book, are completely underrated. However combining the 2? It sounded a little bit… underwhelming.
Till I tasted one! Now, I’m a believer. These cookies are the epitome of candy, healthful, comforting cookies! They’re excellent for a comfortable afternoon snack: hearty sufficient to be satisfying, and sweetly cinnamon-scented like an old school cookie Grandma may grace made.
I’m glad you requested! There’s so much to like about peanut butter oatmeal cookies, which isn’t stunning, since they’re mainly a mix of two beloved cookie recipes. Right here’s the news (see what I did there!):
- The Style: Think about a cinnamon-scented oatmeal cookie, made with healthful oats, brown sugar, and butter. Now add gentle, creamy peanut butter! It’s an irresistible mixture!
- The Texture: I’m a giant fan of sentimental cookies, and these are so gentle and tender, like a extremely good sugar cookie. With the added texture of the oats, a little bit further richness from the peanut butter, and a shiny coating of white sugar, I may eat these for days!
- The Easiness: These cookies come collectively very quickly flat, particularly when you use a stand mixer. You don’t even have to relax the dough earlier than baking.
So let’s check out the elements checklist for peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Every little thing right here is easy and healthful, excellent for making these ultra-cozy treats!
- Oats: I exploit old school oats, not fast oats, for the most effective texture and taste.
- Flour: Together with the oats, a little bit of all-purpose flour kinds the bottom of the cookie dough.
- Baking Soda: A bit little bit of baking soda retains the cookie dough from being heavy.
- Salt: Only a pinch or two; I exploit kosher salt.
- Cinnamon: Floor cinnamon is so good with oats and peanut butter!
- Butter: Soften the unsalted butter at room temperature till it’s cool however not onerous.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: You should utilize creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Creamy is my favourite!
- Sugar: You’ll want some sugar for the dough, plus just a few tablespoons for rolling the cookies.
- Brown Sugar: Be sure you pack the sunshine brown sugar into the measuring cup so as to get the correct quantity.
- Egg: One massive, entire egg helps to bind all the things collectively.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract offers the most effective taste!
To make the cookies you’ll need to cream the butters and sugars collectively, and comply with these with the liquid and dry elements. It’s so easy, and makes the right gentle cookie!
- Prep the Oven and Cookie Sheets. Earlier than you get began, preheat the oven to 350°F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, or use silicone baking mats.
- Combine the Dry Substances. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the quaint oats along with the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set this apart for now.
- Cream the Butters and Sugars. Place the softened butter, the peanut butter, the granulated sugar, and the sunshine brown sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer, or a big mixing bowl when you’re utilizing a hand mixer. Cream the elements collectively on medium pace for about 2 minutes, scraping the edges of the blending bowl often, till the combination is gentle and fluffy.
- Add the Liquids. Subsequent, add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl. Combine till nicely mixed.
- Add the Dry Substances. Flip the mixer to low pace, and add the dry elements to the butter combination. Combine till simply mixed. Don’t overmix, or the cookies will likely be robust.
- Form the Cookies. Put three tablespoons of granulated sugar in a small bowl, for rolling the cookies. Utilizing a medium sized cookie scoop (I used a measurement #40, which has about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough in every scoop), scoop out the dough and form into balls. Roll each within the sugar to coat on all sides.
- Bake. Place the balls of dough on the cookie sheets, spacing them about 2 inches aside. Bake for 11-12 minutes, till the cookies are frivolously golden brown and simply set.
- Cool. Take away the cookies from the oven, and rap the cookie sheet in opposition to the counter just a few occasions to assist break up any air pockets. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for five minutes or so, earlier than transferring to a cooling rack. Cool them fully earlier than serving.
My Favourite Ideas
Peanut butter oatmeal cookies are positive to be an everyday in your baking rotation when you attempt them. And to make them the most effective they are often, check out these useful ideas! Comfortable baking!
- Use the Proper Peanut Butter: All-natural peanut butter made out of simply peanuts is nice for a PB&J, however whenever you’re making cookies, industrial peanut butter (like Jif) works greatest. It’s lighter and has a greater baking consistency.
- Oat Varieties: I choose the gentle but agency texture of old school oats in my peanut butter oatmeal cookies, however you need to use instantaneous or quick-cooking oats for a smoother texture. Keep away from steel-cut oats for these cookies.
- Watch the Time: Bake till simply set for gentle cookies, or a little bit longer for crisper cookies.
Yummy Variation Concepts
You don’t have to stay to simply cinnamon and sugar in these beauties! There are tons of scrumptious methods to vary issues up. Listed here are a few of my favourite toppings and mix-ins:
- Chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Mini marshmallows
- M&Ms or Reese’s Items
- Dried fruit and/or nuts (for a granola bar style)
- A drizzle of melted white or darkish chocolate (or each)
I like to recommend storing peanut butter oatmeal cookies at room temperature. Simply wait till they’re absolutely cooled, after which place them in hermetic containers or zip-top luggage. They’ll maintain for as much as one week. Professional tip: put a slice of sandwich bread within the container together with the cookies to maintain them gentle.
What About Freezing Them?
Positive, these freeze very nicely! Simply place the cooled cookies in hermetic containers or luggage, and freeze for as much as one month. Thaw at room temperature earlier than serving.
Cook dinner Time
- 1 cup quaint oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup gentle brown sugar, packed
- 1 massive egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (for rolling dough)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put together 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, mix quaint oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, kosher salt, and floor cinnamon; whisk collectively.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer, cream unsalted butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and lightweight brown sugar collectively on medium pace for roughly 2 minutes. Scraping the edges of the blending bowl as wanted.
- Subsequent, add the egg and vanilla extract. Combine till nicely mixed.
- Scale back the mixer pace to low and add the oat/flour combination. Combine till simply mixed.
- In a small bowl add 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Utilizing a medium sized cookie scoop (I used a measurement #40 cookie scoop – 1.5 tablespoons value of dough in every scoop), roll dough right into a ball, place in bowl of sugar and coat on all sides. Add dough to cookie sheet. Place every dough ball about 2 inches aside.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, till frivolously golden brown. Take away from oven. Rap the cookie sheet in opposition to the counter a number of occasions to assist break air pockets, then enable to chill for five minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
- Permit to chill fully earlier than serving! Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as every week. To maintain cookies gentle and chewy, retailer with a slice of sandwich bread.
Storage: Retailer cookies in an hermetic container, at room temperature, for as much as 7 days. To maintain cookies gentle, retailer with a slice of white bread. Substitute bread each couple of days because it will get stale.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 137Whole Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 21mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.