Home made Pecan Sandies are as straightforward as they’re scrumptious!
Studded with crunchy pecans, this gentle, and buttery shortbread cookie is the right dessert to make!
Pecan Sandies have a positive, crumbly texture that makes them a melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious deal with anytime.
What Are Pecan Sandies?
“Sandies” is a cookie made with primary elements, much like a sugar cookie or shortbread cookie.
- Love pecans? Pecan Sandies are a shortbread-style cookie recipe loaded with crushed pecans for a nutty crunch.
- A meals processor rapidly mixes and chops all of the elements.
- In case you love snowball cookies, you’ll love the feel of those pecan sandies. And you’ll form them like snowballs, too!
- Make the dough forward of time, retailer it within the fridge or freezer, and bake while you’re prepared.
- Serve plain or mud with powdered sugar and function a dainty tea get together dessert.
Elements in Pecan Sandies
Pecan Sandies are comprised of a easy butter-based dough very like shortbread.
- Pecans – So as to add an additional layer of taste, be sure to make use of entire pecans that may be toasted earlier than utilizing them within the recipe.
- Flour – This cookie recipe requires all-purpose flour.
- Butter – To make sure constant outcomes, I like to recommend utilizing unsalted butter and including your personal salt. Completely different manufacturers include totally different quantities of salt.
- Powdered sugar – For a crumbly texture, use powdered sugar which is finer than granulated sugar and blends simply.
- Vanilla extract – A bit of little bit of vanilla extract goes a good distance in including taste to those cookies.
Easy methods to Make Pecan Sandies
Home made Pecan Sandies are really easy to make!
- Toast pecans, cool, and pulse in a meals processor per the recipe beneath.
- Cream butter & sugar till easy; add within the pecans and flour.
- Chill for a few hours (or days!).
- Kind into cookies
Professional Ideas for Pecan Sandies
- For the very best taste, use unsalted butter and add your personal salt.
- To avoid wasting time on grinding the pecans (or in case you don’t have a meals processor), begin with chopped as an alternative of entire pecans. They will nonetheless be toasted in a small non-stick skillet over medium warmth till aromatic.
Easy methods to Retailer Sandies
Preserve Pecan Sandies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 7 days. The dough could be frozen in a zippered bag for as much as 3 months. To bake just a few cookies at a time, merely freeze unbaked slices after which put them in a zippered bag, then solely bake what you want.
Extra Cookie Favorites
Did your loved ones love these Pecan Sandies? You’ll want to go away a score and a remark beneath!
Made with easy elements, these buttery shortbread cookies are filled with toasted pecan taste!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place pecans on a pan and prepare dinner for 7-8 minutes or till calmly toasted and aromatic. Cool utterly.
Place the cooled pecans in a meals processor and course of till finely chopped. Take away 3 tablespoons of the pecans and put aside.
Add flour and salt to the meals processor and pulse just a few instances to mix.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer till fluffy. Combine in water and vanilla.
Add the flour and pecans a bit at a time till integrated.
Scoop the dough into 1″ balls and calmly flatten. Roll the sides within the reserved pecans.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool the cookies utterly and mud with powdered sugar if desired.
The feel of those cookies is crumbly, very like a shortbread cookie.
The dough could be chilled and baked from chilled, you will want so as to add about 2 minutes baking time.
As an alternative of forming particular person cookies, the dough could be rolled right into a 2-inch thick log, chilled for 4 hours, and sliced earlier than baking.
No Meals Processor? Begin with chopped as an alternative of entire pecans, and if wanted chop them extra finely earlier than utilizing. To toast chopped pecans, place them in a small skillet over medium warmth and prepare dinner whereas stirring till aromatic.
Energy: 152 | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.