Pineapple cake layers are full of whipped pineapple cream cheese frosting on this refreshingly mild and flavorful dessert!
If you happen to love pineapple, this cake is for you. Crushed pineapple is baked proper into the cake batter, and the ensuing cake layers are brushed with pineapple juice and full of pineapple cream filling. So good!
The best way to Make Pineapple Dream Cake
You could find the complete, printable pineapple cake recipe additional down on this submit, however here’s a fast evaluation of our steps!
- Flour Combination/Dry Components: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Put aside
- Pineapple-Drain the Crushed Pineapple- we used a strainer for this.
- Buttermilk Combination/Moist Components: In one other bowl, add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, drained pineapple, and vanilla. The combination will grow to be pretty thick because the pineapple reacts to the buttermilk. Put aside.
- Butter and Sugar: Within the bowl of your mixer, add the butter and blend at medium pace till clean. Step by step add the sugar and proceed to combine on medium pace for 3 to five minutes till lightened in shade and fluffy.
- Eggs: Add the room temperature eggs one after the other mixing till the yellow of the yolk disappears.
- Alternating Dry and Moist Components: With the mixer on low pace, alternately add the flour combination and buttermilk combination, starting and ending with the dry substances (3 additions of dry substances and a couple of of liquid). After the final addition, combine simply till mixed. Watch out to not over-mix.
- Fill the Pans! Divide the batter between the three ready 8 inch cake pans.
- Time to Bake! Bake at 325 levels for 28-Half-hour or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear or with simply few crumbs connected. Let cool 10 minutes and prove.
Filling for the Pineapple Cake
There are various fillings that will be nice with this recipe! For pineapple truffles, we frequently do a layer of our cooked pineapple filling (and even simply crushed, drained pineapple) paired with a layer of sweetened whipped cream.
Our well-liked Straightforward Pineapple & Cream Filling which makes use of a vanilla pudding “mousse” and crushed pineapple can also be an important selection for pineapple truffles, as we utilized in our different Pineapple Cake Recipe.
At the moment, we’re going with a mixture of our Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting and drained, crushed pineapple for a thick and flavorful filling!
We first made our Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting which is a mixture of softened cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract, with freshly whipped cream folded into it.
We’ll use most of this to frost the cake later, however we reserved two cups for the filling, which we will probably be combining with drained pineapple.
After straining the pineapple, you possibly can reserve the juice for brushing on high of the cake.
Right here is our beautiful completed Pineapple Whipped Cream Cheese Filling.
We gently folded the drained, crushed pineapple into the 2 cups of whipped cream cheese frosting. We’ll use this in between our pineapple cake layers in addition to on high.
Assembling and Adorning the Cake
We saved issues quite simple with our cake design at the moment. Typically easy is simply better- particularly when working with delicate frostings!
To assemble, place the primary cake layer on the cake plate or pedestal.
Subsequent, we brushed the highest with pineapple juice. This step is elective nevertheless it provides our cake layers an added enhance of pineapple taste. (You’ll not use all of the pineapple juice from the can of crushed pineapple).
Subsequent, we piped a dam of our frosting about 1/4-1/2 inch from the sting of the cake utilizing a piping bag with the tip snipped away. The aim of the dam is to maintain the filling from escaping because the layers are stacked.
You might most likely get away with skipping the dam if you’re cautious to not take the filling all the best way to the edge- however we piped one anyway ;0)
Apply the second pineapple cake layer, brush with pineapple juice, pipe a dam, and fill as soon as once more.
High with the third cake layer, brush with pineapple juice, and frost the cake as normal. Reserve the remaining pineapple filling for the highest.
When frosting our truffles, we like to use a crumb coat (skinny coat) of frosting first after which chill within the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to agency issues up earlier than making use of the second coat of frosting.
The chilling step is elective nevertheless it helps forestall the cake layers from shifting as you might be frosting the cake.
I utilized the second coat of frosting, including a little bit of texture utilizing my offset spatula.
I completed issues off by spreading extra filling on high of the cake within the center-leaving room for a border- and piped a big shell border across the high edge utilizing a big 1M piping tip.
I repeated this straightforward border across the backside of the cake additionally.
Ought to this Pineapple Cake be Refrigerated?
Sure, you might want to refrigerate our Pineapple Dream Cake due to the perishable filling and frosting.
For greatest style and texture, make sure that to take away the cake from the fridge a few hours earlier than serving in order that the cake has an opportunity to heat up a bit and soften.
Can Pineapple Cake Layers be Frozen?
Sure, you possibly can freeze your pineapple cake layers!
That is an elective step however we freeze all of our freshly baked cake layers at any time when time allows- we discover that it makes them much more moist if they’re wrapped whereas nonetheless heat.
Muffins might be tightly wrapped and frozen for anyplace from a number of hours to some months and they’ll style as recent because the day that they have been baked. Make life simpler and bake your layers properly prematurely!
Wrapping: After cooling our cake layers for about 10 minutes, we flip every one onto it’s personal foil-wrapped cake cardboard (we wrap the boards in foil in order that they are often reused). Enable the cake layers to chill for a couple of minutes longer however wrap whereas they’re nonetheless a bit heat.
Wrap the layers with plastic wrap adopted by aluminum foil and pop them within the freezer.
Thawing: When you’re able to thaw the cake layers, merely take away them from the freezer and permit to thaw on the kitchen counter, nonetheless wrapped.
We preserve the frozen layers wrapped for at the very least 30-45 minutes to permit condensation to type on the foil earlier than eradicating the wrapping.
Thaw to desired softness- some decorators favor to assemble their truffles whereas the layers are partially frozen as they’re much less fragile that means.
Extra Pineapple Muffins to Strive
If you happen to love pineapple, make sure that to place these different cake recipes in your record as properly! There are such a lot of fantastic taste pairings for pineapple!
Benefit from the Recipe!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. We hope that you just give this Pineapple Dream Cake recipe a strive! If you happen to do, please make sure that to go away a remark and picture beneath.
For the Cake
- 1 1/2 sticks (170g) unsalted butter, softened ( holds it form however dents when pressed)
- 2 cups (400g) sugar
- 4 giant eggs
- 3 cups (342g) cake flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled off) If you happen to shouldn’t have cake flour see substitution in Notes beneath.
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (296g) buttermilk — if you happen to shouldn’t have buttermilk, see substitution beneath
- 1/4 cup (54g) vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon (12g) vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, DRAINED- This involves about 1 1/2 cup drained pineapple.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Two 8 ounce (423g whole weight) packages cream cheese, softened. It should be full fats, not lowered fats or cream cheese in a bathtub, these are too delicate.
- 2 cups (230g) powdered sugar, measure then sift
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (696g heavy whipping cream
Pineapple Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups of the reserved whipped cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8oz) can of pineapple, *drained*
Preheat the oven to 325 levels, grease and flour three 8×2 inch spherical pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Put aside
- Drain the Crushed Pineapple- We used a strainer for this.
- In one other bowl, add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, drained crushed pineapple, and vanilla. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your mixer, add the butter and blend at medium pace till clean. Step by step add the sugar and proceed to combine on medium pace for 3 to five minutes till lightened in shade and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one after the other, mixing after every addition till the yolks have blended in.
- With the mixer on low pace, alternately add the flour combination and buttermilk combination, starting and ending with the dry substances (3 additions of dry substances and a couple of of liquid). After the final addition, combine simply till mixed. Watch out to not over-mix.
- Divide the batter between the three ready 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 325 levels for 28-Half-hour or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear or with simply few crumbs connected. Let cool 10 minutes and prove.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Freeze your mixing bowl and beaters quarter-hour earlier than whipping the cream (Half-hour if chilling within the fridge.
- Use the whisk attachment for a stand mixer, beaters in your hand mixer. Beat the cream till stiff peaks type. This will occur in a short time so do not stroll away from the mixer. You’re on the stiff peak stage whenever you elevate the beater and the cream stands straight up forming a peak. Maintain within the fridge whereas finishing the following step.
- In one other bowl mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat till very clean. Fold this into the whipped cream. Cowl and refrigerate.
- Reserve 2 cups of the frosting and set to the facet to be mixed with pineapple for the filling.
Pineapple Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
- Drain the 8 oz can of Crushed Pineapple- We used a strainer. Save the juice as we will probably be brushing a few of it over the cake layers later.
- We took the 2 reserved cups of our Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting and mixed with the drained, crushed pineapple (modify quantity to your liking). We unfold this in between our cake layers in addition to on high of the cake (inside the high border).
Assembling and Adorning
- Place the primary cake layer on cake plate or pedestal. Brush excessive with reserved pineapple juice- I used a pastry brush for this.
- Pipe a dam with frosting about 1/4-1/2 inch from the sting utilizing a piping bag (or ziplock) with the tip snipped away. Fill inside the dam with the pineapple whipped cream cheese filling.
- Frost the surface of the cake with a skinny layer of whipped cream cheese frosting. At this level I chilled the cake for about quarter-hour within the freezer to agency every little thing up. Then, I utilized the second/ultimate coat of frosting, texturing it with my offset spatula.
- Enhance the cake nonetheless you want! I added the remaining pineapple filling to the highest heart of the cake and piped a big shell border across the high and backside edge utilizing a 1M piping tip.
Substitute for Buttermilk: No Buttermilk? Here’s a substitution: To a measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice. Add milk to the 1 1/4 mark, stir. Wait 5 minutes and it is able to use.
Substitution for Cake Flour: Utilizing all function flour (plain in UK) to make Cake Flour: For every cup of flour in a recipe, take away 2 Tablespoons of flour and change with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (cornflour within the UK). This recipe has 3 cups of flour so you’ll measure out 3 cups of all function flour, take away 6 Tablespoons and change with 6 Tablespoons cornstarch, whisk to mix
Recipe makes 7 1/2 cups batter