Very similar to pound cake, the 1-2-3-4 cake will get its title from the proportions of its base substances: one cup of butter, two cups of sugar, three cups of flour, 4 eggs. It’s so easy, it’s possible you’ll not even have to write down it down—making it straightforward to impress family and friends with, oh, just a bit one thing you whipped up.
Primary 1-2-3-4 Cake
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (370 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 massive eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 3 cups (300 grams) cake flour
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 grams) milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) spherical cake pans. (You should use baking spray with flour.)
- In a big bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium pace till fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one after the other, beating nicely after every addition.
- In a medium bowl, stir collectively dry substances. Steadily add flour combination to butter combination alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour combination, beating simply till mixed after every addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into ready pans (smoothing tops if needed). Bake till a wood choose inserted in heart comes out clear, 28 to half-hour. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Take away from pans, and let cool utterly on wire racks.