Prep 13 minutes
Prepare dinner 11 minutes
Complete 24 minutes
Pillowy comfortable crescent dough comes along with clean and creamy pumpkin pie spice filling and a light-weight glaze in these Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls. The nice and cozy and full autumn flavors within the pumpkin filling are balanced out by the candy icing to make the right breakfast deal with or straightforward fall dessert.
Fast & Simple Crescent Roll Dessert for Fall
These pumpkin pie crescent rolls make the right breakfast for busy mornings. They arrive collectively in lower than half an hour, providing you with extra time to prepare on your day. And for those who put aside 13 minutes to assemble and freeze them the night time earlier than, all you need to do is get up, seize them out of the freezer, and pop them within the oven!
There’s one other benefit to those pastries. The true pumpkin within the filling provides tons of nutritional vitamins and minerals, making them a lot more healthy than cinnamon rolls…however if you’re feeling the cinnamon rolls, I’ve an ideal straightforward Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls recipe! Not unhealthy for components that solely require a sturdy spoon and a can opener to prep.
What You’ll Want
Let’s begin by going over the components for the pumpkin pie crescent rolls, then transfer on to what you’ll want for the glaze. You will discover actual quantities for every ingredient within the recipe card.
For the Rolls
- Pumpkin Puree: Don’t exchange this with pumpkin pie filling, which is just too thick for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: Tightly packed.
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Egg Yolks: Separated from the whites.
- Crescent Roll Dough
For the Glaze
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Flavoring
Easy methods to Make Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
The premade crescent rolls make this recipe a breeze to tug collectively. You’ll have a sizzling pan of pumpkin pie rolls able to plate in lower than half an hour!
- Prep Your Supplies: Set the oven to 375°F and let it preheat. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the Filling: Whisk the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl till they’re absolutely mixed.
- Fill the Rolls: Crock open the bundle on the crescent rolls. Unroll them, separate them and unfold them out on a big reducing board or sheet of parchment paper. Unfold a spoonful of the pumpkin filling over the rolls, ensuring to maintain the filling away from the perimeters.
- Roll Them Up and Bake: Roll every portion of crescent dough up evenly so the filling stays within the center. Place every roll on the cookie sheet, leaving a couple of inches between them in case they unfold. Pop them within the preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes, till the outsides flip golden brown. Take away them from the oven and allow them to cool when you make the icing.
- Make the Icing: Whisk the powdered sugar, 3 teaspoons of milk and maple flavoring collectively in a small bowl till they attain a clean consistency. In case your icing is just too thick, add just a little extra milk as wanted.
- Serve: Drizzle every pumpkin pie crescent roll with the icing and serve them heat!
Ideas for Success
These pumpkin pie crescent rolls are just about foolproof. Right here are some things to remember so they arrive out excellent each time.
- Drain the Puree: For those who desire a drier, much less sticky breakfast roll, you possibly can place the pumpkin puree on a thick paper towel and let a few of the moisture soak out. For those who’re utilizing selfmade puree, which tends to be extra watery, draining is a brilliant vital step, and also you would possibly even need to use a strainer. It is going to make the filling thicker and cease it from working off the dough whereas it bakes.
- Don’t Overbake: These crescent rolls keep on the lighter aspect, so don’t go away them within the oven too lengthy. Ready for them to brown absolutely is a recipe for laborious pastries.
- Change the Yield: It’s tremendous straightforward to double this recipe. Simply choose up some further crescent rolls and a second can of pumpkin puree. You may as well halve the recipe if it’s essential to.
If in case you have a couple of further minutes, it may be enjoyable to throw some add-ins into this straightforward recipe. You may as well make a couple of substitutions for those who really feel like switching issues up.
- Go Nuts: Throwing some toasted nuts on prime of those crescent rolls or into the filling can add some crunch and physique to them. Almonds, pecans and walnuts are all nice choices that go so nicely with the pumpkin taste.
- Substitute the Glaze: The glaze for these crescent rolls is tremendous easy, however you possibly can swap it out for one thing with just a little extra taste. One nice choice is cream cheese frosting, which fits nice with the pumpkin spice flavors. You may as well add just a little floret of whipped cream on prime to maintain with the pumpkin pie theme.
- Change Up the Filling: Whereas I like the large pumpkin taste of this filling, you possibly can actually go along with no matter you need. Attempt apple pie filling or strawberries and cream cheese. If you would like a tried and true basic, cinnamon sugar with a pat of butter is the way in which to go. You possibly can even unfold Nutella on the crescent dough to make these right into a dessert.
Storage and Reheating
You possibly can pop any leftover pumpkin crescent rolls in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. They’re additionally tremendous straightforward to refresh. Simply heat them up within the microwave in 10-second intervals till they’re heated via, drizzle some glaze excessive, and dig in.
Do These Freeze Effectively?
Pumpkin crescent rolls style greatest contemporary out of the oven, however they can be frozen for as much as 3 months. Hold them in a double-lock freezer bag or a freezer-safe container with a robust seal. Your greatest guess is to freeze them earlier than they’re baked, after which pop them within the oven such as you usually would, with any further 2 minutes added to the baking time.
Prepare dinner Time
For the Rolls
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 (8 oz) cans crescent roll dough
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk to mix the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and egg yolks.
- On a big reducing board, or on parchment paper, unroll and separate the crescent rolls. Unfold a spoonful of the pumpkin filling over the rolls, conserving the filling away from the perimeters.
- Roll the crescent dough up and place every roll on the cookie sheet, leaving a couple of inches between every roll for spreading.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, till golden brown. Take away from the oven and let cool when you make the icing.
- In a small bowl, whisk to mix the powdered sugar, 3 teaspoons of milk and maple flavoring till a clean consistency. In case your icing is just too thick, add just a little extra milk, as wanted.
- Drizzle pumpkin pie crescent rolls with the icing and serve heat!
- To Retailer: Hold in an hermetic container within the fridge as much as 5 days.
- To Freeze: Freeze for as much as 3 months in a double-lock freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
- To Reheat: Heat within the microwave in 10-second intervals till heated via. If frozen earlier than baking, warmth within the oven for 11 minutes at 375°F.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 113Complete Fats: 5gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 24mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Extra Artistic Treats Impressed by Pumpkin Pie
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.