These Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are a enjoyable fall spin on basic snickerdoodles! My recipe has the right mushy and chewy (not cakey!) texture with a buttery pumpkin taste. Recipe features a how-to video!
A Seasonal Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
When you love snickerdoodles, wait till you attempt these pumpkin snickerdoodles! These fall-flavored cookies are extremely mushy, chewy, and buttery. They’ve a definite snickerdoodle taste accented by pumpkin, cinnamon sugar, and different fall spices, they usually’re really the right fall cookie!
This recipe has been a favourite on the weblog for years, and for good motive. Not solely is it simple, however there’s no mixer required (yay!). You’ll need a little bit of persistence (there’s some chilling concerned), however that is one cookie recipe that’s completely definitely worth the wait!
So typically pumpkin cookies find yourself being cakey, however I designed my pumpkin snickerdoodles to have the right mushy and chewy texture. You’ll end up consuming one… after which one other… after which one other… so I sometimes advocate making a double batch simply to be protected 😊
What You Want
Most of those elements might be anticipated, however there’s just a few you must pay shut consideration to, together with:
- Melted butter. Relatively than creaming collectively our butter and sugar, which creates air bubbles and results in thicker, fluffier cookies, we’re going to soften our butter. This can be a long-time favourite trick of mine for mushy, chewy cookies which have the very best taste (like my chocolate chip cookies!). It’s particularly necessary in immediately’s recipe, the place the additional moisture from the pumpkin may make our cookies cakey. Utilizing melted butter is vital in serving to fight this!
- Pumpkin. Use pure pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has components that we don’t want in our pumpkin snickerdoodles.
- Egg yolk. Pumpkin has a number of water in it, and the water can result in cakey cookies. As a result of we’re including all of this moisture from the pumpkin, we are going to omit the egg white to cut back extra moisture. We depart the egg yolk which is generally fats and can assist make our pumpkin snickerdoodles tender, however toss that egg white (or use it to make candied pecans!).
- Cream of tartar. You merely can’t make snickerdoodles with out cream of tartar! That is a necessary ingredient and I don’t have a great substitute, so be sure to have it earlier than you begin.
- Pumpkin pie spice. When you don’t have the pre-made model, make my selfmade pumpkin spice!
SAM’S TIP: Be sure your butter has cooled sufficient that it’s not heat to the contact earlier than including your sugar! Including the sugar whereas the butter is simply too scorching may cause your sugar to soften and depart you with a greasy, unusable cookie dough.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the submit!
Learn how to Make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Mix the (cooled) butter and sugars, then stir within the pumpkin till mixed.
- Stir within the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the dry elements in a separate bowl, then steadily add them to the moist elements.
- Cowl the dough and let it chill for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Scoop and roll dough by way of cinnamon sugar earlier than baking for 10-12 minutes.
SAM’S TIP: By no means put chilly cookie dough on a scorching (and even heat) cookie sheet! It will prepare dinner/soften the cookies prematurely and may trigger them to unfold an excessive amount of, resulting in flat cookies.
Regularly Requested Questions
Chilling your cookie dough longer than the advisable 45 minutes is okay. I’ve made pumpkin snickerdoodle dough so far as 3 days prematurely. Simply hold it tightly lined within the fridge. When you chill for longer than 45 minutes and the dough is simply too troublesome to scoop, let it sit at room temperature for a number of minutes till it might probably simply be scooped.
Positively! You’ll be able to freeze the balls (earlier than rolling in cinnamon sugar) on a cookie sheet earlier than inserting in an hermetic bag or container for pumpkin snickerdoodles on demand.
Sadly I don’t advocate it. Cream of tartar is what provides all snickerdoodles (and my snickerdoodle blondies) their basic taste and tang. Don’t skip it!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! When you do this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Fb
Servings: 16 cookies
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Mix butter, sugar, and brown sugar and stir till well-combined. Add pumpkin and stir properly.
Stir in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt till well-combined.
Progressively add dry elements to moist till elements are well-combined.
Cowl cookie dough with clear wrap and place within the fridge to sit back for a minimum of 45 minutes.
One dough is sort of completed chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and put together a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper. Put together your cinnamon sugar combination by whisking collectively ¼ cup sugar and a pair of tsp floor cinnamon in a small bowl.
Take away dough from fridge and scoop into 1 ½ Tablespoon-sized balls. Roll briefly between your palms till easy after which roll by way of cinnamon sugar and switch to ready cookie sheet, spacing a minimum of 2″ aside.
Bake cookies in a 350F oven for 10-12 minutes. Preserve your remaining dough refrigerated whereas cookies are baking and don’t place cookie dough on a scorching baking sheet.
Enable baked cookies to chill fully on cookie sheet earlier than having fun with.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.