This improbable Reuben soup is ideal for anybody who loves a very good Reuben sandwich!
Corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese all make an look on this savory soup.
It’s one in every of our absolute favourite soup recipes, so creamy and jam full of taste.
What’s Reuben Soup?
- Reuben soup recipe tastes like a Reuben sandwich in a bowl.
- It’s simple to make with the entire traditional substances discovered within the sandwich.
- This hearty and filling soup can simply function a fundamental dish.
- It’s keto-friendly and low-carb, making it an incredible possibility for these watching their carb consumption.
- Pair it with crusty rye bread for dipping or high with some rye and pumpernickel croutons, common croutons, or home made crostini. So delish!
Elements for Reuben Soup
Corned Beef – Use leftover corned beef or deli corned beef on this recipe. If buying deli corned beef, ask them to chop it additional thick (about ½-inch) and dice it at residence.
Sauerkraut – You should buy sauerkraut at virtually any grocery retailer. Remember to squeeze extra liquid from the sauerkraut so the soup broth isn’t too salty or bitter.
Caraway seeds – These add the distinctive taste of rye bread to the broth. They add nice taste however you possibly can depart them out when you desire.
Seasonings – All of the traditional Reuben flavors will be discovered right here, from dill weed to dry mustard, to caraway seeds. What a enjoyable soup!
The right way to Prepare dinner Corned Beef
You need to use deli corned beef on this recipe or attempt one of many recipes beneath and use the leftovers for soup.
Extras – Cabbage provides bulk and taste to this soup. Attempt including potatoes, candy potatoes, or cauliflower to the combo.
The right way to Make Reuben Soup
- Prepare dinner onions in butter with celery & caraway seeds (per the recipe beneath).
- Add broth, cabbage, & seasonings, and simmer till cabbage is softened.
- Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese.
Garnish with parsley & pickles when you’d like and serve with rye bread or croutons.
Storing Reuben Soup
- Retailer Reuben soup in a tightly coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To freeze, add soup to freezer-safe containers and devour it inside 6 months for one of the best taste.
- To reheat, thaw within the fridge in a single day, then warmth on the stovetop or in particular person parts within the microwave. Shred some additional Swiss cheese on high to refresh the flavors.
Extra Reuben Impressed Recipes
There’s nothing fairly like a reuben sandwich, these recipes are impressed however this deli favourite!
Did your loved ones love this Reuben Soup? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Reuben Soup has all of the flavors of the traditional Reuben sandwich, in soup type!
In a big pot or dutch oven, soften the butter over medium warmth.
Add the onion, celery, and caraway seeds and cook dinner till barely softened, about 4 minutes.
Stir within the cabbage and switch the warmth as much as medium-high. Prepare dinner for five minutes or till softened. Add the flour and cook dinner for 1 minute extra.
Add broth, cream, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, dill weed, and black pepper. Deliver to a boil, cut back warmth, cowl, and simmer 10-12 minutes or till the cabbage is tender.
Stir within the corned beef and sauerkraut. Prepare dinner 2 minutes extra to warmth by means of.
Take away from the warmth and stir within the Swiss cheese.
Garnish with parsley and sliced pickles.
- Leftover or deli corned beef works nice on this recipe. Ask the deli to slice the corned beef additional thick if doable.
- Remember to squeeze the sauerkraut totally to keep away from making the soup broth too salty or bitter.
- Including potatoes, candy potatoes, or cauliflower to stretch the soup even additional.
- Maintain leftover soup in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave till heated by means of.
Energy: 588 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 50g | Saturated Fats: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 1185mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1526IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.