March arriving can solely imply one factor, spring is coming and beetroot is in season. Wholesome, versatile and loaded with vitamins it pairs superbly with the creamy labneh for a dish that tastes like hotter days to return.
500g beetroot, a mix of purple and golden beets if accessible
1 tbsp olive oil
300g labneh (or vegan different)
25g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Mint and dill to garnish
1 orange, juiced
2 tbsp further virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Wash the beetroot and tip right into a deep baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and pour in water till 1cm deep. Cowl tightly with foil and roast for 45-55 minutes or till tender.
3. As soon as the beetroot is cool sufficient to deal with, rub the pores and skin and peel away then trim any stalk nonetheless hooked up. Slice into wedges.
4. Add the entire dressing elements right into a small bowl and whisk till mixed. Pour half of the dressing onto the beetroot and toss collectively.
5. Spoon the labneh onto a serving plate and prime with the dressed beetroot. Scatter the hazelnuts, mint and dill on prime and drizzle over the additional dressing.
Click on right here for extra scrumptious lunch and dinner concepts.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.