posted by Liz Berg
on Could 31, 2022
Rooster with Artichokes and Israeli Couscous is a tasty straightforward weeknight meal that may be on the desk in about half-hour!
Have you ever made Israeli Couscous or Pearl Couscous? It’s extra like pasta and a scrumptious different to plain Moroccan couscous!
Why You’ll Love this Rooster Artichoke Recipe
- It’s a easy skillet dinner that’s packed stuffed with taste.
- Served over Israeli couscous as a substitute of rice or noodles, each elements are prepared in about half-hour.
- In the event you’re like me, you make the identical rooster recipes again and again. This recipe is a yummy solution to shake up your menu.
I noticed this recipe for Rooster with Couscous in one of many earliest problems with the now-defunct On a regular basis Meals journal. Completely enamored by the look of the Israeli couscous, I scoured town for some to no avail. Again in 2011, I resorted to a mail-order supply however now can discover it simply in most grocery shops.
Incessantly Requested Questions
What’s Israeli Couscous?
Israeli couscous is definitely little pearls of pasta, and I discover it nearer to the feel of orzo than normal couscous. Like conventional couscous, it’s made from semolina flour. Often called Ptitim within the Center East, it was developed as a substitute for rice when the latter was scarce.
It’s really well worth the hunt to have a stash in your pantry. And this fast recipe is one among my favourite methods to showcase this scrumptious pasta. Even in case you’re not a fan of traditional couscous, give this pearl couscous a strive!
How Do You Cook dinner Israeli Couscous?
Cook dinner it in salted water or rooster broth till “to the tooth” or simply barely tender. It can be cooked like rice with twice as a lot liquid as couscous. Simmer with the lid on till all of the liquid is evaporated and the couscous is cooked.
Suggestions for Making this Recipe for Skillet Rooster
- Make certain your oil is scorching earlier than including your floured and seasoned rooster. This may allow a brown crispy coating to develop.
- Purchase sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil for the perfect taste and texture. I like to purchase them entire and slice them myself.
- In the event you’re a fan of normal couscous or would reasonably serve this over rice or noodles, all of them work properly as a base for this rooster and its easy sauce.
- I like to make use of Wondra flour(see affiliate hyperlink within the recipe card), which is available in a blue canister close to the common flour, to coat my rooster. It’s granulated and leaves a pleasant, positive coat that browns superbly.
Methods to Make this Rooster with Couscous
- This rooster dish is a snap to drag collectively. It’s made with a slew of kitchen staples: frozen (and defrosted) boneless, skinless rooster breasts, canned artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, rooster broth, and, in fact, the couscous. I make sure so as to add scallions to my grocery record and I’m set.
- First, season the rooster, mud with flour, then brown it in olive oil.
- Subsequent, take away the rooster and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions together with some rooster broth. Whisk collectively for a fast sauce. Return the rooster to the pan.
- Whereas the rooster is engaged on its tan, simmer the couscous in rooster broth with the lid on.
- Dinner was prepared in about half-hour. This rooster with artichokes over Israeli couscous is ideal for a busy weekday however tasty sufficient for firm.
What to Serve With Rooster with Couscous:
You Could Additionally Like:
You may additionally take pleasure in this Rooster with Broccoli Solar-Dried Tomatoes and Pasta, Boursin Stuffed Rooster, and extra of my Rooster Recipes.
- 6 boneless skinless rooster breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour (I used Wondra flour, made by Gold Medal)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained, and halved
- A bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 cup rooster broth
For the couscous:
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups rooster broth
- Flatten the rooster with a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a skillet, warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season rooster with salt and pepper and coat with flour, shaking off any extra.
- Saute until flippantly browned on either side and cooked by. Take away.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and sauté then add white components of scallions,
- Add one cup of rooster broth. Stir and cook dinner, scraping up the brown bits from the underside of the pan Add artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook dinner until the artichokes and tomatoes are heated by. barely. Style and add extra salt and pepper if desired.
- To make the couscous, deliver the two cups of rooster broth to a boil. Add couscous. Boil until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Serve the rooster over couscous, and spoon sauce over the rooster. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
Tailored from On a regular basis Meals.
If you cannot discover Israeli couscous, common couscous, noodles or rice are tasty options.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1 rooster breast
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 375Whole Fats: 15gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 11gLdl cholesterol: 104mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com sometimes presents dietary info for recipes contained on this website. This info is offered as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This info comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to offer correct dietary info, these figures are solely estimates.
Various elements reminiscent of product varieties or manufacturers bought can change the dietary info in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com advocate toppings, which can or might not be listed as non-compulsory and dietary info for these added toppings will not be listed. Different elements could change the dietary info reminiscent of when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it’s not calculated into the recipe as the quantity will differ. Additionally, totally different on-line calculators can present totally different outcomes.
To acquire essentially the most correct illustration of the dietary info in any given recipe, you need to calculate the dietary info with the precise elements utilized in your recipe. You might be solely liable for guaranteeing that any dietary info obtained is correct.