This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Skip the store-bought platters and make this Santa veggie tray as a substitute! It’s a wholesome and scrumptious approach so as to add a bit additional vacation cheer to your entire Christmas get-togethers.
Getting in your day by day dose of veggies doesn’t should be boring! For extra nutritious appetizers that everybody will love, do that veggie charcuterie board, honey soy mushroom skewers, or balsamic honey grilled Brussels sprouts!
Santa Claus Veggie Tray
Say goodbye to these boring premade veggie platters, this Santa veggie tray is the very best wholesome appetizer for the vacations! Not solely does this veggie tray look cute, but it surely has a wide range of contemporary, scrumptious greens with all types of flavors and textures! There’s one thing for everybody. Full with some creamy home made hummus for dipping, your friends received’t be capable to get sufficient. It’s the proper solution to tide over family and friends earlier than the entree is served!
The wonderful thing about making your individual veggie trays is that you may customise them nonetheless you’d like! I like dipping veggies in hummus. (It additionally works completely as Santa’s face!) However be at liberty to serve your veggie tray with issues like guacamole, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or this tasty whipped feta dip! After I serve this veggie tray, I prefer to serve up a number of little bowls of dips. This manner, there’s a taste for each craving! Belief me, this Santa veggie tray will likely be successful with even the choosy eaters in your loved ones!
Let’s Begin With the Board!
For this Santa veggie tray, you’ll want a rectangular serving board or slicing board. You need to be certain that it’s lengthy sufficient to suit Santa’s beard! If you happen to don’t have already got one, right here’s a suggestion for you!
The Recipe Critic Suggestion
Acacia Wooden Serving Board
Zassenhaus Paddle Serving Board, Acacia
The right rectangular serving board. The acacia wooden end appears nice on any dinner desk!
Every part You Will Have to Make a Santa Veggie Tray
Right here is the whole lot I used to place this Santa vegetable tray collectively! Be happy to combine and match veggies nonetheless you’d like! Simply be sure you’re utilizing good, contemporary greens since they’re the star of the present. You could find how a lot I used of every ingredient beneath within the recipe card.
- Hummus: That is for dipping the veggies in. (And likewise acts as Santa’s face.) Do-it-yourself is all the time finest! Discover my fast and simple recipe right here.
- Bell Peppers: I used purple bell peppers, sliced skinny, for Santa’s hat.
- Mozzarella Pearls: As a result of who doesn’t love some cheese! I used mozzarella balls the scale of cherry tomatoes so as to add because the fur lining of Santa’s hat.
- Cauliflower Florets: These act as Santa’s beard.
- Cherry Tomato: Reduce this in half to make use of it as Santa’s button nostril! Grape tomatoes will even work.
- Giant Black Olives: Olives are a must-add for any veggie board at my home. My youngsters love placing them on their fingers! You’ll need to save a pair to make use of as Santa’s eyes.
- Sliced Cucumber: Not solely is cucumber tasty, but it surely has the proper Christmas inexperienced coloration!
- Sugar Snap Peas: Extra inexperienced in your Santa veggie tray!
- Crackers: I like including crackers to veggie boards to modify up textures. Use your favourite type right here!
- Celery: No veggie tray is full with out celery!
Learn how to Make a Santa Face Veggie Tray
The 1st step, begin with the face! I’m utilizing common hummus as Santa’s face. (I’ve a fantastic recipe for home made hummus right here!) When deciding the place to position the hummus in your board, make sure to depart sufficient room for each the hat and the beard.
- Begin With Hummus: On a big rectangular board, unfold the hummus on a 6 inch plate. Then place it in the midst of the tray.
- Create the Form of the Hat: Subsequent, add the bell pepper strips into the hat on high of the hummus plate. Add mozzarella balls on the finish of the hat after which across the high of his face. (The liner of his hat.)
Making a Beard With Cauliflower Florets
Use smaller items of cauliflower for the eyebrows and high of the beard. Then reserve the larger items of cauliflower for the underside of the beard the place it’s additional fluffy! Right here you’re additionally going to make use of olives, half of a cherry tomato, and piece of sliced purple bell pepper to craft Santa’s face.
- Making Santa’s Face: Begin creating the beard-like form with layers of cauliflower. Add a strip of bell pepper to make his lips, then a cherry tomato for the nostril and two black olives for the eyes. Use small items of cauliflower for the eyebrows and mustache.
Making Arms and Assembling the Remainder of the Santa Veggie Tray
Now that you just’ve obtained the form of Santa’s face, beard, and hat completed, we’re going to make some arms and fill in the remainder of the board! For the arms, you’re going to make use of the remainder of the sliced purple bell peppers in addition to olives for the cuffs of his sleeves.
- Create Arms, Fill in Board With Cucumbers: Fill within the sides of the board with sliced cucumbers, bell pepper sticks for the arms and black olives for the underside of the arms.
- Add Remaining Components: Fill in the remainder of the board with small mozzarella pears, sugar snap peas, crackers and celery.
Recent veggies are wonderful, however a great dip actually makes them shine. Ranch dressing is all the time a should! Hummus can be a fantastic possibility and is rapidly turning into my favourite factor to serve with any veggie charcuterie. Listed here are a couple of extra tasty dips to check out along with your Santa veggie tray. Your friends will love the variability!
On a big rectangular board, unfold the hummus on a 6 inch plate. Place it within the middle of the board.
Subsequent, add the bell pepper slices into the hat on high of the hummus plate. Add mozzarella balls on the finish of his hat and across the high of his face.
Begin shaping the beard with the cauliflower. Add a strip of bell pepper to make his lips, the cherry tomato for the nostril and two black olives for the eyes. Use small items of cauliflower for the eyebrows and mustache.
Fill within the sides of the board with sliced cucumbers, bell pepper sticks for the arms and black olives for the underside of the arms.
Fill in the remainder of the board with small mozzarella pears, sugar snap peas, crackers and celery.
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.