This One Pan honey turmeric hen recipe is so easy, and it has saved me on these busy weeknights once I must get one thing shortly on the desk. And BONUS…it’s wholesome too!
Awhile again I used to be in a complete dinner rut. The stress of shifting, not discovering a home to purchase, new metropolis, new faculties, not discovering medical doctors, not figuring out my approach round and so on. was taking its toll and I used to be feeling a bit drained. So I simply simplified actually all the things. Beginning with meals. I wanted extra time sitting with my household and fewer time grocery buying and cooking. This sheet pan recipe takes solely 20 minutes!
I feel we made this dinner as soon as per week for over a month till I lastly determined it needs to be on the weblog. It’s completely adaptable with what veggies you employ and will even be made right into a Buddha bowl.
Substances for Honey Turmeric Rooster
You aren’t going to consider how easy this recipe is in terms of the components. For this reason it has grow to be an everyday on our dinner rotation. I’m all about fast and simple recipes as of late! Here’s what you have to:
For the Rooster
- Rooster Thighs: boneless, skinless, lower into chunk dimension items
- Flour: simply all goal flour, helps kind a crust on the hen if you cook dinner it
- Turmeric: provides all the flavour and daring, lovely coloration
- Salt: provides taste
- Pepper: provides just a little warmth and nice taste, hen all the time wants salt and pepper!
- Asparagus: wash the asparagus and snap off the foundation finish, then lower them into 1″ items
- Zucchini: gently wash the zucchini after which slice it into 1/4-1/2″ disks
- Lemon: that is completely non-obligatory however will be added in case you wished the added burst of taste
For the Sauce
- Water: base for the sauce
- Honey: provides pure sweetness and pairs so completely with the turmeric
- Black Pepper: provides taste to the sauce and little bit of warmth
- Salt: provides taste and enhances the sweetness
- Rice Vinegar: provides an ideal tang to the sauce and will be substituted with lemon juice in case you favor
The recipe card on the finish of the submit incorporates the measurements of all of the components in addition to directions for the right way to make this recipe.
Turmeric is a spice within the ginger household that originates in Southeast Asia and is without doubt one of the major components in curry powder. It’s a deep yellow-orange coloration that provides unique taste, vitamin and daring coloration to any meal.
The place Do You Purchase Turmeric?
Turmeric will be discovered at any grocery retailer on the spice aisle. In addition they have it at Costco. For those who can’t discover it by the spices for some cause, you may often discover it within the well being complement aisle.
What are the Well being Advantages of Turmeric?
The principle energetic ingredient in turmeric is a compound known as curcumin which has confirmed advantages as an anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and as an antioxidant and it additionally helps mind well being and wound therapeutic. Turmeric can also be thought of an excellent meals.
Can I Use Rooster Breasts As an alternative of Thighs?
You possibly can completely swap the thighs for hen breasts if you need. We love utilizing thighs due to the good taste, however if you need just a little leaner meat, then go together with hen breasts for certain!
Concepts for Vegetable Substitutes
If zucchini or asparagus aren’t household favorites, then right here another choices:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Inexperienced Beans
- Potatoes (parboil them first)
Why You Will Love This Rooster Recipe
- Straightforward: A lot of the components for this recipe will probably be gadgets you have already got within the pantry. The method for making the dish couldn’t be extra easy and also you solely want one sheet pan! You additionally get your protein and greens multi function dish.
- Fast: You should have dinner on the desk in lower than half-hour.
- Taste: The flavour of turmeric is so wonderful and it tastes so good when it’s paired with honey.
- Household Pleasant: The entire household will love this recipe. We virtually by no means have leftovers.
Storing, Freezing and Reheating Rooster
Honey turmeric hen with greens will maintain within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Be sure you put it in an hermetic container.
This recipe additionally does very well within the freezer. Retailer it in an hermetic container or ziploc bag. It’ll maintain within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
If the hen is frozen, let it thaw in a single day within the fridge. To reheat the hen, place all the things on a sheet pan and heat it within the oven at 325 levels Fahrenheit till heated by way of (about 5-10 minutes).
Suggestions for Making the Finest Honey Turmeric Rooster
There are some things you are able to do to have essentially the most success with this recipe, beginning with chopping the hen into the same sizes. This can assist the hen to cook dinner evenly.
Whenever you add the hen and veggies to the sheet pan, make sure that the pan isn’t overcrowded. If it’s overcrowded, all the things will steam reasonably than roasting.
Lastly, this dish can stand alone and be an entire meal, however if you wish to add a aspect dish to it, serve it over white rice or with a aspect of naan!
Honey turmeric hen is a healthful and wholesome dinner recipe that’s lovely to have a look at and much more beautiful to eat! It takes lower than half-hour to have dinner on the desk and the entire household will adore it!
Extra Straightforward Rooster Recipes to Strive:
Sheet Pan Honey Turmeric Rooster with Asparagus and Zucchini
Recipe evenly tailored from NY Instances.
- 1.5 lbs Rooster Thighs boneless skinless, lower into 1″ items
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Asparagus trimmed into 1″ items
- 2 Zucchinis lower into 1/4-1/2″ slices
For the Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Rice Vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
In a small measuring cup, whisk collectively the water, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Put aside.
In a bowl, add the flour, turmeric, salt and pepper and whisk to mix. Add within the hen and use your hand to toss to coat evenly.
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Add oil to a baking sheet, add the hen and greens and bake for 15-20 minutes. See notes for cooking on the range prime.
Stir within the sauce till the hen and veggies are coated for the final 2 minutes.
Add all the hen again in and add the asparagus and zucchini and some pinches of coarse salt, stirring for two minutes till tender.
Add the sauce and stir till it thickens, then serve instantly.
Sheet Pan Honey Turmeric Rooster with Asparagus and Zucchini
Quantity Per Serving (1 cup)
Energy from Fats 171
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 5g31%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 4g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 111mg37%
Vitamin A 787IU16%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* % Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Candy Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
Whenever you attempt a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for an opportunity to be featured in our tales! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.