Prep 10 minutes
Cook dinner 2 hrs
Complete 2 hrs 10 minutes
Candy, sticky, and easy, these Grape Jelly Meatballs are made with simply three elements, and are the final word meatball appetizer! Everybody will combat over the past sweet-and-savory chunk. You may make this straightforward appetizer on the range prime or within the crockpot!
An Addictively Yummy Meatball Appetizer
Have you ever ever tried this potluck favourite? If not, you is perhaps slightly… involved… in regards to the mixture of grape jelly and meatballs, however don’t let that maintain you again. This odd however traditional little recipe is definitely a barbecue-style recipe, combining barbecue sauce with candy grape jelly for an extra-sweet, clean sauce that’s tremendous snackable. Savory little meatballs coated in that sticky yumminess? You’re going to adore it!
Then again, perhaps you’ve tried them and are simply on the lookout for recipe. Properly, you’ve come to the fitting place! This straightforward, three-ingredient model is ultra-tasty and really easy, you’ll make them many times. Plus, I’ve received a couple of enjoyable variations listed under that offers you much more choices on your subsequent dinner.
The place Did Grape Jelly Meatballs Come From?
There are a couple of completely different cookbooks and recipes for this fashion of meatball, relationship again to the infamous fifties and sixties, when jello and jelly have been utilized in every kind of how. Probably the most well-known model is perhaps Marian Burros and Lois Levine’s “Chafing Dish Meatballs” of their Elegant however Simple Cookbook, however to be trustworthy, related recipes have been round because the very earliest cookbooks. Seems like candy and savory is a permanent mixture!
The Elements You’ll Want
That is in all probability the simplest recipe you’ll ever make! There are solely three elements, and no difficult cooking strategies. But another excuse to like these candy and savory meatballs!
- Meatballs: You have to about two kilos’ price of frozen, fully-cooked meatballs, or cooked selfmade meatballs.
- Barbecue Sauce: I take advantage of Candy Child Ray’s Unique, however any sort of common barbecue sauce, together with selfmade sauce, will work.
- Grape Jelly: No matter model you want. Jam can also be tremendous, however jelly is extra fashionable and can create a barely shinier, clearer sauce.
Methods to Make Them
You are able to do grape jelly meatballs within the crockpot, which takes a couple of hours however may be very low-maintenance, or make them on the stovetop for a faster consequence. Right here’s make them, both approach:
- Make the Sauce. Whisk the barbecue sauce and grape jelly collectively in a small bowl, till it’s a clean combination.
- Add the Meatballs. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the jelly combination into the crockpot, after which stir within the meatballs, coating them within the sauce.
- Cook dinner! Cowl the gradual cooker with the lid, and cook dinner for two – 3 hours on HIGH, or 4 – 6 hours on LOW, till the meatballs and sauce are sizzling.
- Take pleasure in. Serve straight from the crockpot with a serving spoon or toothpicks, or switch to a serving dish with the sauce.
- Combine the Sauce and Add the Meatballs. In a big, deep skillet over medium-high warmth, whisk the barbecue sauce and jelly. Stir within the meatballs, coating them evenly within the sauce.
- Simmer. Cowl the skillet with a lid, and let all the things simmer till the meatballs are warmed by. This could take about 10 minutes.
- Take pleasure in! Switch the meatballs and sauce to a serving dish, and serve immediately.
Suggestions and Variations
There’s a couple of method to make this superb recipe – and I even have a tip or two to share for utilizing your individual meatballs. Learn on, and luxuriate in!
- Meatballs Should Be Cooked: If you’re utilizing selfmade meatballs, ensure you cook dinner them first earlier than including them to the recipe.
- Any Meatballs Will Work: So long as they’re totally cooked, you would use turkey meatballs, beef meatballs, Italian-style meatballs, Swedish-style meatballs… each will convey its personal distinctive style to the dish, however they’re all superb.
- Barbecue Sauce Choices: One other frequent method to make grape jelly meatballs is to swap the barbecue sauce for Thai candy chili sauce. Candy chili meatballs are such a enjoyable twist.
- Jelly Choices: Grape jelly is traditional, however cranberry jelly can also be scrumptious. Cranberry meatballs would make a fantastic vacation model of the traditional. You can even use orange marmalade – so flavorful.
What to Serve with Grape Jelly Meatballs
You’ll be able to serve these with absolutely anything. In case you serve over rice or egg noodles, you’ve received a fast dinner. Or you would serve alongside a couple of extra yummy appetizers, for a festive get together unfold or gentle meal. These are only a few concepts to get you began.
- Deviled Eggs: Oh-so-snackable, deviled eggs are at all times one of many first snacks to vanish from any desk. These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs get slightly improve from the candy, savory addition of cheddar and pimientos.
- Veggies and Dip: Wholesome uncooked veggies are irresistible when paired with Simple Home made Tzatziki Sauce! This creamy, tangy dip is made with actual garlic, cucumber, lemon juice, and yogurt – severely good things.
- Pretzels: Certain, you would set out a bowl of bizarre store-bought pretzels – however in the event you actually wish to amp up the flavour and make a crowd-pleasing recipe, you’ve received to strive these Home made Gentle Pretzels! They’re truly fairly easy, and nobody can resist their freshly-baked aroma. Or these further flavorful Home made Honey Mustard Pretzels!
Storing and Reheating
- Retailer grape jelly meatballs within the fridge in an hermetic container, together with any sauce. They’ll maintain for as much as two days.
- Reheat within the crockpot or on the range till heated by, stirring sometimes.
Do Grape Jelly Meatballs Freeze Properly?
Sure, you’ll be able to simply freeze leftover grape jelly meatballs – simply cool them down first. Then pack them right into a freezer bag or container together with the sauce, and freeze for as much as 4 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Cook dinner Time
2 hours 10 minutes
- 32 ounces frozen, fully-cooked meatballs (or **cooked selfmade meatballs)
- 12 ounces barbecue sauce (I take advantage of Candy Child Ray’s Unique)
- 10 ounces grape jelly or cranberry jelly
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the barbecue sauce and jelly till properly mixed.
- Add the jelly combination to the crockpot, and stir within the meatballs.
- Cowl and cook dinner for two – 3 hours on HIGH, or 4 – 6 hours on LOW, till the meatballs and sauce are sizzling.
- Serve straight from the crockpot with a serving spoon or toothpicks, or switch to a serving dish.
- In a big, deep skillet over medium-high warmth, add the barbecue sauce and jelly. Stir to mix, after which add the meatballs.
- Cowl pan and simmer till the meatballs are warmed by, about 10 minutes. Serve instantly.
**HOMEMADE MEATBALLS: If you’re utilizing selfmade meatballs, ensure you cook dinner them first earlier than including them to the sauce. This recipe for selfmade meatballs is ideal for utilizing with Grape Jelly Meatballs.
BBQ SAUCE ALTERNATIVES: One other frequent method to make grape jelly meatballs is to swap the barbecue sauce for Thai candy chili sauce.
GRAPLE JELLY ALTERNATIVES: Grape jelly is traditional, however cranberry jelly can also be scrumptious. One other fashionable substitute is orange marmalade.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 547Complete Fats: 26gSaturated Fats: 9gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 14gLdl cholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1204mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 4gSugar: 47gProtein: 17g
Extra Enjoyable Celebration Appetizers
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.