I like this straightforward strawberry cake recipe made with recent strawberries. Because of lemon zest, vanilla, and almond extract, the batter tastes mild and flavorful. There’s no want for frosting with this cake. It’s wonderful served plain or with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Leap to the Recent Strawberry Cake Recipe
You’ll love this straightforward strawberry cake with its tender, mild crumb. We add recent halved strawberries to the highest of the batter in order that they fall barely into the cake because the cake bakes. This cake is beautiful on the desk, and it’s scrumptious.
Extra: Should you love strawberries, check out our recent strawberry pie! It’s stuffed with candy strawberries coated in a light-weight strawberry glaze after which topped with whipped cream.
Excellent Strawberry Cake with Recent Strawberries
This strawberry cake recipe is straightforward; right here’s why:
- You solely want a hand mixer, not a stand mixer.
- It’s fast to make and made in a single bowl.
- It requires a easy listing of elements.
To make the batter, we beat softened butter and sugar collectively till mild and fluffy — the identical means we make cookies. Subsequent come egg yolks and many taste from lemon zest, vanilla extract, almond extract, and cinnamon.
The recipe calls for 2 eggs, however we add them at completely different occasions. Including the yolk first helps emulsify the batter, preserving the cake tender. Then, after folding within the flour, we add the egg whites and a few bitter cream.
The bitter cream provides richness and ensures a young crumb when the cake has baked. The egg whites add construction to the cake, permitting it to rise good and tall within the baking pan with out flowing over the perimeters or sinking within the center.
The cake bakes for some time within the oven — use a toothpick to verify on doneness. If it comes out clear, you’re good to go. We love dusting a bit powdered sugar excessive when it’s baked and cooled, however serving with whipped cream or ice cream can be a wonderful plan.
Since we gently press the strawberries into the highest of the batter, they fall into the batter over time within the oven. The cake appears spectacular once you slice into it, and the entire baked strawberries in the course of the cake preserve it mild and stuffed with taste.
Should you cherished this recipe, it’s best to take a peek at a couple of extra of our straightforward cake recipes:
- Buttery Lemon Blueberry Cake — Impressed by pound cake, this blueberry cake has a young, wealthy, buttery crumb.
- Upside-Down Pineapple Cake — We love this cake. The batter for this strawberry cake is similar to the pineapple cake. Nonetheless, as an alternative of including fruit to the highest, the batter is smeared over a layer of softened butter, brown sugar, heat cinnamon, and recent pineapple slices. Wonderful!
- Unimaginable Moist and Simple Carrot Cake — You’ll love this extremely moist carrot cake with its ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting. A should make!
Simple Recent Strawberry Cake
You’ll love this straightforward, mild, and wonderful strawberry cake recipe! We bake halved recent strawberries right into a batter flavored with lemon zest, vanilla, and almond extract. Serve slices of cake plain, dusted with powdered sugar, or a dollop of recent whipped cream.
Makes one (8-inch) cake or 8 slices
You Will Want
8 tablespoons (115 grams or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon for strawberries
2 giant eggs, separated, see notes
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon high quality sea salt
1 ½ cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125 grams) bitter cream or plain yogurt
8 ounces recent strawberries, hulled and halved (about 1 1/2 cups)
Powdered sugar for serving, optionally available
- Make Batter
- To End
Place an oven rack within the decrease third of the oven and warmth the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Butter and flour an 8-inch by 2-inch spherical cake pan. (Non-compulsory: Place the pan on an insulated baking sheet or use two common baking sheets stacked on high of the opposite–this helps even baking).
In a big bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar with an electrical mixer on excessive velocity till mild and fluffy, 2 to three minutes.
Add the egg yolks, lemon zest, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat till clean and blended.
Scrape the perimeters and backside of the bowl, then beat within the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
Fold half of the flour into the batter till only some streaks of flour stay, then fold within the remaining flour.
Combine the egg whites and bitter cream on low velocity simply till clean.
Unfold the cake batter into a fair layer within the baking pan.
Organize the strawberry halves on high of the batter in a round sample, masking the highest of the cake. Sprinkle one teaspoon of granulated sugar over the strawberries.
Bake till a toothpick inserted within the middle of the cake comes out clear, 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool cake within the pan for five minutes, then run a knife across the edges and take away from the pan. Place strawberry-side-up on the cooling rack and permit to chill. Serve heat or at room temperature with powdered sugar sprinkled on high.
Adam and Joanne’s Ideas
- Eggs: It’s widespread in baking so as to add the egg yolks at a unique time than the whites. Egg yolks assist to emulsify the batter and add richness. Including the whites on the finish of the recipe provides some construction to the batter so when it rises within the oven, it doesn’t overflow over the perimeters of the cake pan.
- Recipe tailored and impressed from Alice Medrich’s the other way up cake in “Sinfully Simple Scrumptious Desserts”
- Vitamin details: The vitamin details offered under are estimates. We’ve got used the VeryWell Match recipe calculator to calculate approximate values.
Vitamin Per Serving: Serving Dimension 1 slice (1/8 recipe) / Energy 342 / Protein 4.8 g / Carbohydrate 46.6 g / Dietary Fiber 1.3 g / Complete Sugars 26.7 g / Complete Fats 16.1 g / Saturated Fats 9.6 g / Ldl cholesterol 83 mg / Sodium 182 mg