This Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is an excellent straightforward technique to serve a traditional Southern breakfast! Simply pour the biscuits, juicy sausage, creamy gravy, and every little thing else right into a pan, bake, after which serve. You’ll love how easy and scrumptious this breakfast casserole recipe is!
Straightforward Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Recipe
As a lot as I really like a plate of conventional biscuits and gravy, I’m actually excited to share this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole recipe with you at present! It’s simply as wealthy and flavorful as the unique dish, however it’s additionally further filling and extremely straightforward to make, too.
Along with these phenomenal qualities, this home made breakfast casserole offers you two breakfasts for the worth of 1, which is fairly darn superior. It begins with a layer of tender biscuits alongside the underside of your pan, after which an egg-and-milk combination is poured excessive. After that, you’ll add the juicy sausage, sautéed onions, creamy gravy, and melty cheddar cheese because the ending touches.
My level is that this: Why make biscuits and gravy with a facet of eggs, when you are able to do each on the identical time? Life hacks, my mates.
This straightforward biscuits and gravy casserole might be made on a lazy weekend, for a brunch, or for a vacation breakfast. Finally, it’s good for any event, and it’s additionally there for you if you want dose of piping-hot consolation meals.
In case you love biscuits and gravy as a lot as I do, be sure you additionally take a look at my favourite Home made Sausage Gravy recipe!
What You’ll Want
Time to run by the ingredient record! There aren’t too many issues to spherical up, and most of them are in all probability already in your fridge/pantry:
- Biscuits: I used Grands however any model of biscuits that your native retailer carries is ok.
- Sausage: You should utilize no matter type of sausage you want on this recipe – see suggestions part for more information. Bacon and/or ham additionally work right here, too.
- Onion: Cube up a white or yellow onion for this recipe.
- Seasoning: Combine up some salt, black pepper, and floor sage.
- Eggs: You’ll be able to add or subtract eggs from this recipe to make it extra/much less eggy, if wanted.
- Butter: Melted – you need to use both salted or unsalted, it doesn’t matter which.
- Milk: I want to make use of 2% or complete milk for this casserole.
- White Gravy: I love to do a packaged gravy as a result of it’s straightforward and saves time. (Extra information in suggestions part beneath.)
- Cheese: Add some shredded cheddar cheese to prime this meal off!
The best way to Make Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Clearly I really like making this biscuits and gravy casserole as a result of it tastes wealthy and indulgent, however I additionally love how fast it’s. It wants simply 10 minutes of prep time, after which I might be doing different issues round the home whereas I’m ready for it to complete baking.
Right here’s the start line for this breakfast bake:
Preheat the Oven to 350°F: Then spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Slice the Biscuits: Minimize every biscuit into 4 equal components and place them evenly on the underside of the pan.
Prepare dinner the Sausage and Onion in a Skillet: Break aside and crumble the meat because it cooks. Do that till the onion is delicate and the sausage is cooked by. Add the salt, pepper, and sage and stir to mix. Take away from warmth and put aside.
Mix Eggs, Butter, and Milk: In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add the melted butter and milk, stirring to mix.
Layer the Casserole: Pour the egg combination excessive of the biscuits after which prime it with the sausage combination. Spoon the gravy excessive of every little thing and prime all of it with shredded cheese.
Bake: Place the casserole within the preheated oven, and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, till the biscuits are cooked by. Watch the casserole intently and canopy it with tinfoil if it’s getting too browned. (I often cowl it midway by baking.) Take away the pan from the oven, let it relaxation for five minutes, after which serve!
Suggestions for Success
Simple and easy, proper?
That stated, I assumed it is likely to be useful to learn by some fast suggestions and tips that make this sausage, egg and biscuit casserole even simpler to arrange:
- What Form of Sausage Ought to I Use? Use any form you want – you possibly can even use a spicier type of sausage to introduce some warmth to your casserole.
- What About Gravy? For this recipe, you can also make home made gravy or make up a package deal of gravy from the shop.
- Really feel Free to Customise: You can also make this dish to suit your household’s preferences. Add extra meat or much less, take away the onions, or make every serving slightly completely different by making particular person servings in a muffin tin.
- Can I Make This Forward? This biscuits and gravy casserole might be prepped the night time earlier than and saved within the fridge. Bake proper earlier than serving, and luxuriate in!
A breakfast casserole like this one is fairly filling, however you possibly can definitely embrace different brunch/breakfast choices alongside it. I’d take into account including:
- Cinnamon Rolls: That approach you possibly can cowl savory and candy in your breakfast unfold. Attempt one thing like these Orange Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls, or these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
- Waffles or Pancakes: One other wonderful means so as to add some sweetness to your plate! Whip up a easy batch of Fluffy Pancakes and throw in some maple syrup/whipped cream when you’re at it.
- Muffins: Who doesn’t love a muffin, particularly if it’s a Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin? I do know you’ve already obtained biscuit in your casserole, however muffins are too good to move up typically. Plus they may very well be mini muffins if you’d like…
- Contemporary Fruit: That is what I find yourself serving with my casserole most frequently, as a result of it’s gentle, candy, and very easy! I usually do berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and many others.), however you can do orange or banana slices, or no matter else you want!
The best way to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Sadly this biscuits and gravy casserole doesn’t maintain effectively. It would be best to serve it recent from the oven – it’s an excellent recipe for brunches and different occasions the place you’re serving a breakfast crowd.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
I wouldn’t suggest making an attempt to freeze this casserole. The biscuits will seemingly grow to be soggy, and, general, it simply doesn’t freeze/de-thaw effectively.
Extra Straightforward & Scrumptious Breakfast Concepts
Prepared to offer some less difficult breakfast recipes a strive? These are a few of my favorites:
Prepare dinner Time
- 1 can of 8 biscuits, Grands, and many others.
- 1 pound sausage
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon floor sage
- 6 giant eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups ready white gravy (home made or from a package deal)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Minimize every biscuit into 4 equal components and place them evenly on the underside of the pan.
- Prepare dinner the sausage and onion in a skillet, breaking up and crumbling the meat because it cooks, till onion is delicate and sausage is cooked by. Add the salt, pepper and sage and stir to mix. Take away from warmth and put aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add the melted butter and milk, stirring to mix.
- Pour the egg combination excessive of the biscuits after which prime with the sausage combination.
- Spoon the gravy excessive of every little thing and prime all of it with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, till the biscuits are cooked by. Watch casserole intently and canopy with tinfoil if getting too browned. (I often cowl it half approach by baking.)
- Take away from the oven, let relaxation for five minutes after which serve!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 851Complete Fats: 59gSaturated Fats: 22gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 31gLdl cholesterol: 276mgSodium: 1927mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g
This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.