Welcome to India!
One of many oldest and hottest drinks in India, is greater than only a cup of tea – Chai is an integral a part of the rhythm of life.
Masala Chai (masala = spice, chai = tea) is made by boiling black assam tea, spices, milk and water collectively. Take pleasure in this beloved drink at dwelling with our Chai Tea Drop and milk of alternative!
Chai Spice Scones
4 cups flour
1.5 tbsps baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
8 TBS 1/2 cup or 1 dice butter, barely chilly and lower into 1″ cubes
1 cup milk of alternative
1 egg yolk
1 tsp water
4 tbsps powder sugar
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
sprint of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275º F
2. In a stand mixer, combine all dry components collectively.
3. Add within the cubes of butter.
4. Let dry components + butter combine collectively till combination has was giant chunks.
5. Add cup of Chai Spice milk tea + two eggs.
6. Let combine on medium-speed for 3 min.
7. Roll out dough on a flippantly floured floor till it is 1-1.5″ tall.
8. Minimize dough into triangle shapes + place on a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
9. Mix egg and water to make egg wash by mixing them along with a fork.
10. Brush tops of scones with egg wash.
11. Bake at
275º F for 35-40 minutes, flippantly browned on the underside.
12. Take away from the oven and relaxation for 5-10 min.
13. Create vanilla glaze with a hand mixer, beating components collectively.
14. Drizzle over scones — Take pleasure in!
(Nice saved in air-tight container for 3 days!)
Do you know…
Assam is the most important producing state within the Indian tea business.
India is the second-largest producer and fourth-largest exporter of tea on the planet.
Indian tea is served and loved in varied types: kahwa of Kashmiri, kulhad tea, slicing chai, masala chai, and lemon tea.
Tea is India’s hottest drink – the nation consumes 837,000 tons of it yearly.
Chai stands are sometimes household companies spanning many generations.
Many Indians affiliate rail journey with the cries of “chai, chai,” from tea sellers carrying kettles alongside trains and platforms.
Cherished our Chai Spice Tea Drops?
(we thought you would possibly!)