This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Turkey stuffed peppers mix floor turkey, tons of greens, and pepper jack cheese right into a satisfying and wholesome low-carb meal. Jumpstart your wholesome consuming habits with these oh-so-delicious stuffed peppers!
Although these stuffed peppers are so wholesome and low-carb, they style like consolation meals! When you’re in search of extra wonderful keto-friendly dinners you’ll be able to whip up in a snap, attempt these stuffed avocados or poblano peppers!
Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I’m at all times in search of simple meals which might be full of taste, however discovering low-carb choices is a large bonus once I’m actually making an attempt to look at what I eat. These stuffed peppers are similar to my air fryer stuffed peppers, however that recipe makes use of floor beef and rice together with all the opposite substances. I do discover that including rice or quinoa to a stuffed pepper makes it extra filling, however I additionally know lots of people are trying to find grain-free or low-carb recipes. That’s why I wished to create a stuffed pepper recipe that was principally meat, cheese, and veggies.
However don’t let the simplicity of those turkey stuffed peppers idiot you! These little bites of heaven are stuffed with a lot taste! They’re tacky and meaty with savory garlic and caramelized onion in every chunk. This makes it one in every of my favourite issues to throw collectively on busy weeknights! You’re going to like them. Particularly should you’re in search of fast, simple, and cheap meals which you can work into your weight loss program! Discover extra low-carb, keto-friendly meal concepts right here.
A Reader’s Assessment
“I simply made some Stuffed Turkey Peppers they usually turned out so scrumptious! Thanks for creating this yummy low carb possibility!”
Components for Turkey Stuffed Peppers
You solely want a handful of easy substances to make these tasty stuffed peppers. This recipe is nice for utilizing up any leftover veggies you may need within the fridge. Be happy to customise your stuffing with all your favourite mix-ins! See my suggestions part under for extra concepts.
- Entire Bell Peppers: Any coloration works! It’s also possible to use poblano peppers, mushrooms, or halved avocados in its place.
- Olive Oil: Used for cooking your floor turkey.
- Floor Turkey: I like utilizing darkish meat as a result of it’s extra flavorful, however white turkey meat works, too!
- Yellow Onion: Provides a scrumptious, caramelized savory taste to the stuffing.
- Garlic: You actually can’t go fallacious with minced garlic. It packs every chunk with a lot taste!
- Zucchini: This recipe is nice for utilizing up your summer time zucchini. It provides essentially the most scrumptious taste and texture to the pepper stuffing!
- Diced Tomatoes: Add candy taste and make the filling saucy.
- Salt: Enhances the general taste of your turkey stuffed peppers!
- Pepper Jack Cheese: The trace of spice that pepper jack cheese has compliments the opposite flavors on this dish completely! It’s also possible to use extra gentle varieties like cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
How you can Make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is so fast and straightforward! Floor turkey stuffed peppers are good for meal planning and nice to pack in work lunches all through the week! Because it’s full of protein and low in carbs, it’s a lunch which you can really feel nice about consuming.
- Put together Peppers: To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper hooked up to the stem.
- Pre-Bake: Add peppers to a casserole or baking dish, fill with about ½ inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes as a way to steam, or parbake, the peppers till they grow to be tender.
- Cook dinner Filling: Whereas the peppers are steaming, cook dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (cube in a big saute pan over medium-high warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to cook dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
- Fill Peppers: As soon as peppers are carried out, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey combination till all the peppers have been evenly stuffed. Prime with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
- Warmth and Serve: Return peppers to oven and cook dinner till heated by and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Ideas and Variations
Dishes like these are nice as a result of you’ll be able to customise them with all your favourite fillings, seasonings, and spices! I’ve added a couple of of my favourite suggestions and variations under to get you began.
- Utilizing Completely different Meat: I favor to make use of floor darkish meat turkey as a result of it has extra taste, however you may also use floor chicken. As an alternative of utilizing floor meat in any respect, you may also use diced cooked turkey and add it to the combination after the greens have sauteed for a bit. That might be an excellent possibility should you’re in search of a post-holiday leftover turkey recipe. Equally, you’ll be able to swap in different issues you might have readily available! Floor beef, sausage, and even shredded hen work simply as nicely.
- Add Extra Greens: It’s also possible to change up the greens you add to your stuffed peppers. As an alternative of tomatoes you may add some baked butternut squash and sage – each of which go implausible with turkey.
- Additional Seasonings: Considered one of my favourite methods to customise the flavour of my turkey filling is so as to add in numerous seasonings! Taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, blackened seasoning, and chili seasoning are just some of my many favorites in rotation.
How Lengthy Do Leftover Stuffed Peppers Final?
Ensure you preserve your leftovers- turkey stuffed peppers make nice lunches for you and the children!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer any leftover turkey stuffed peppers in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Whereas I don’t advocate freezing the bell peppers themselves, you’ll be able to freeze the stuffing in a freezer bag for 2-3 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: You’ll be able to reheat your leftover peppers within the oven at 350 levels F for 10-Quarter-hour or till warmed by. It’s also possible to pop them within the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 360 levels F.
To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper hooked up to the stem.
Add peppers to a casserole dish, fill with about ½ inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes as a way to steam, or parbake, the peppers.
Whereas the peppers are steaming, cook dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (dicein a big saute pan over medium excessive warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to cook dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
As soon as peppers are carried out, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey filling till all the peppers have been evenly stuffed. Prime with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
Return peppers to oven and cook dinner till heated by and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Up to date on September 2, 2022
Energy332kcal (17%)Carbohydrates15g (5%)Protein36g (72%)Fats15g (23%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Ldl cholesterol87mg (29%)Sodium373mg (16%)Potassium956mg (27%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar9g (10%)Vitamin A4192IU (84%)Vitamin C172mg (208%)Calcium265mg (27%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary data is predicated on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.