The Irishman Single Malt
1. What they are saying
This triple-distilled Single Malt paved the best way, main the Renaissance in rediscovering Irish Single Malts. It formed a brand new future, taking us on a journey of discovery not like another. Matured in American Oak Bourbon and European Oak Oloroso Sherry casks to offer distinctive flavour and complexity. Triple distilled and crafted from a mash invoice made totally of Irish barley. Wealthy, honeyed maltiness and tender notes of candied fruit come from the double maturation. Bottled at 40% ABV.
2. Official tasting notes
- Nostril Delicate honied malt aromas.
- Palate Candied fruit, bursting with sweetness and notes of fig.
- End Sundried raisins and seasoned oak spices.
- ABV 40%
- Age Undisclosed
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Single Malt
- Cask Bourbon & Sherry
- Class Irish Whiskey
- Value £39.85 from Grasp of Malt
- Origin Walsh Whiskey
- Area Eire
4. What I say
Following on from The Irishman The Harvest expression I moved on to their 2022 relaunched Single Malt expression. That includes each bourbon and sherry cask maturation.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Color Amber gold (9/20), medium tears and lengthy, medium legs.
- Nostril Mellower than The Harvest expression and sweeter, softer fruits and cereals, apple, lemon, pear, melon, vanilla, tender coconut, white chocolate, toasted coconut and marshmallows, candied peel and hazelnut.
- Style Medium-light bodied, fruity, apple, orange, lemon, some peel and zest, butterscotch, fudge, caramel, tender cereals, toasted coconut, vanilla, woody oak and tender woody spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, toasted almond and hints of liqourice.
- End Medium, tender stroopwaffles, cinnamon and woody oak.
Of comparable high quality to The Irishman The Harvest expression however fairly a distinct character, missing that Pot Nonetheless spice and likewise complexity from each malt and combined cask maturation leading to one thing very pleasing.
7. Rating 84/100