A staple in most Mediterranean kitchens, this gentle and barely candy cake is ideal for a day snack or late morning tea. A remaining brush of olive oil simply earlier than serving brings the fruity taste to the entrance of your palate as quickly as you are taking a chunk.
Traditional Olive Oil Cake
Serves: 1 (8-inch) cake
- 3 massive eggs (150 grams)
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (112 grams) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (120 grams) entire milk
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) almond extract
- 1½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8-inch spherical cake pan with baking spray with flour; line backside of pan with parchment paper.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar at excessive velocity for 30 seconds. Add oil in a gradual, regular stream, beating till mixed. Add milk, beating till mixed. Cut back mixer velocity to low. Beat in extracts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, and salt. Progressively add flour combination to egg combination, beating till mixed, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour batter into ready pan.
- Bake till a picket decide inserted in middle comes out clear, 30 to 33 minutes. Let cool in pan for five minutes. Take away from pan, and let cool fully on a wire rack. Brush with contemporary olive oil simply earlier than serving. Retailer at room temperature wrapped loosely in foil or plastic wrap.