I am unable to wait to share my favourite vegan potato soup recipe. It is creamy, loaded with sturdy taste and oh so comforting. No dairy, no drawback.
This Autumn I am sharing my household’s favourite vegan potato soup recipe. It is tremendous creamy and truly filling. Potato soup is the last word consolation meals in cooler climate and this gluten-free potato soup isn’t any exception. Initially featured in my Autumn Cleanse Information, this recipe is beloved by the Easy Inexperienced Smoothies group and can shortly change into a staple in your menu as properly.
Vegan Potato Soup Substances
Listed below are the celebrity elements that make this potato soup a minimize above the remainder:
- Coconut oil: That is my go-to wholesome fats for cooking.
- Leeks: A stunning vegetable with a mild-onion taste.
- Golden potatoes: Golden potatoes are the creamiest of the bunch.
- Garlic: Use actual, complete garlic for the very best taste and dietary advantages.
- Vegetable Inventory: Are you aware how simple it’s to make your individual inventory?
- Cauliflower: A not-so-sneaky means so as to add creaminess and extra veggies to my soup.
- Dietary Yeast: A tacky taste with out the dairy!
- Kale: Utilized in crunchy kale croutons to completely end off this dinner.
That is it! I do know soups are recognized to have prolonged ingredient lists, however not this one! I hold it brief, candy and scrumptious.
Professional Tip: Relying on the kind of vegetable inventory you utilize, your remaining soup could also be extra yellow (I am speaking cheddar cheese!) or potato-white. Both is okay. It simply depends upon what’s in that inventory.
Gluten-Free Potato Soup Ingredient Swaps
Soup is an excellent meal concept since you may swap in/out elements for what you may have available. If leeks are laborious to search out, use a yellow onion as an alternative. Whereas golden potatoes are normally on-hand at my home, use no matter potatoes you need. Cauliflower will be swapped with broccoli (simply do not be alarmed by the colour change).
Whereas I like the creaminess this vegan potato soup brings, generally I like to modify it up and go away a couple of potato chunks within the remaining product. Or add some chopped carrots for one thing to chew on.
Easy methods to Make Scrumptious Potato Soup
For a profitable potato soup, you will want a big pot in addition to a heat-safe blender (or immersion blender). I like utilizing a ceramic Dutch Oven to sauté the veggies earlier than simmering them right into a soup.
- Begin by heating the coconut oil or cooking oil of your selection within the giant soup pot. Add the chopped leek and a pinch of salt to sauté.
- After the leek softens, add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring always. Garlic burns simply, so be sure you proceed to stir the garlic whereas it browns to keep away from burning.
- For the reason that cauliflower and potatoes will take about the identical time to prepare dinner, add them each in subsequent together with the vegetable inventory. As soon as the pot is simmering, flip the warmth down to maintain it on a low simmer till all the things is fork-tender. Including a lid at this stage helps the greens soften quicker in addition to hold the flavors locked in.
- Take away the soup pot from the range and on to the enjoyable half! Verify that your blender container can deal with scorching objects (my outdated Vitamix could not however my new one can), or resolve if you wish to use an immersion blender. The soup can be scorching, so watch out. You might want so as to add a bit extra vegetable inventory at this step to assist the soup mix properly and nonetheless hold a soup-like consistency.
If I need some potato or cauliflower chunks in my soup, I am going to save a couple of and add them into the pot after I mix. Then I return the pot to the warmth and prepare dinner for about ten minutes to melt the veggies. Now on to the very best half… the kale croutons!
Gluten-Free Crunchy Croutons
You’ll be able to take pleasure in your superbly aromatic potato soup at this level, however I strongly counsel giving these easy kale croutons a attempt. They’re that good.
- Whereas your soup is simmering, tear the kale into giant items after eradicating the stems.
- Combine with melted coconut oil, Dijon mustard and sea salt till all of the leaves are properly coated. This will get a bit messy however is value it.
- Bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes, or till the kale is crispy. My croutons typically agency up a bit extra after eradicating from the oven if I hold them on the baking tray for a couple of minutes. This manner I do not over-cook them.
Topping this gluten-free potato soup with kale croutons retains out the customarily inflammatory gluten but additionally gives fairly a stunning burst of taste.
Vegan Potato Soup FAQs
My vegan potato soup makes use of cauliflower to make it cream up throughout mixing with no need any dairy.
No want! They may prepare dinner down properly within the simmering inventory combination, so pre-soaking is an pointless step.
I take advantage of golden potatoes since they’re the creamiest selection in my view, in addition to cauliflower that lotions up properly when blended. Cauliflower provides one other vegetable to your soup with out including any overpowering flavors.
Vegan Potato Soup
You may by no means guess there is not any dairy on this amazingly comforting vegan potato soup. It is precisely what your subsequent cool night requires and will be paired with a easy kale crouton recipe that takes the flavour to the subsequent stage.
For Vegan Potato Soup:
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 leeks (white half thinly sliced)
- 4 gold potatoes (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups vegetable inventory
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower (chopped)
- sprint sea salt
- sprint floor black pepper
- sprint dietary yeast
For Kale Croutons:
- 2 cups kale (powerful stems eliminated)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Warmth coconut oil in a big pot, Add the leek and a pinch of salt.
As soon as the leeks begin to soften, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the vegetable inventory, potatoes and cauliflower and deliver to a simmer.
Prepare dinner till cauliflower and potatoes are tender. Whereas the soup is cooking, put together the Kale Croutons.
Take away soup from warmth and puree utilizing an immersion blender or customary blender (Use warning when blending-soup can be scorching!). If soup is just a little too thick, add just a little extra vegetable inventory.
Ladle into bowls and prime with Kale Croutons. Season with salt, pepper and dietary yeast.
For Kale Croutons:
Tear kale into giant items.
Combine with remaining elements.
Bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes or till kale is crispy.
- To maintain sodium ranges decrease, use low-sodium vegetable inventory (or make your individual!).
- Swap leek with 1 yellow onion.
- To create a chunkier soup, cube 1 additional potato and a couple of carrots. Add to the big pot after mixing and simmer the soup for 10 extra minutes, or till greens are tender to your liking.
Energy: 284kcal (14%) Carbohydrates: 44g (15%) Protein: 6g (12%) Fats: 11g (17%) Saturated Fats: 9g (56%) Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g Monounsaturated Fats: 1g Sodium: 1148mg (50%) Potassium: 1038mg (30%) Fiber: 7g (29%) Sugar: 6g (7%) Vitamin A: 4594IU (92%) Vitamin C: 89mg (108%) Calcium: 146mg (15%) Iron: 3mg (17%)
Extra Autumn Soup Recipes
I like recent Autumn produce, and what higher means to make use of them than in heat soups? Listed below are a couple of of my go-to recipes this season:
Which one has you trying to find the Dutch oven? If you’re a soup lover or searching for extra methods so as to add veggies to your meals, then I encourage you to take a look at my 10-Day Problem information. It is bought 4 seasonal challenges. One is devoted to soups! It is an effective way to extend your consumption of produce. I find it irresistible and I hope you do too.