In Vicki Delany’s newest Tea by the Sea thriller, Lily Roberts pores over the clues in a piping scorching new case when a confrontational superstar chef is murdered at her Cape Cod tearoom throughout the filming of a well-liked baking present. As readers dive into Homicide Spills the Tea and assist Lily resolve the case, they’ll get pleasure from nibbling on the tearoom’s pleasant model of basic cucumber tea sandwiches, that includes a trio of contemporary herbs and vibrant notes of lemon.
Herbed Cucumber Sandwiches
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary parsley
- ½ teaspoon contemporary lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon contemporary lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon high quality sea salt
- ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 36 to 54 skinny slices English cucumber
- 12 giant slices white sandwich bread
- In a small bowl, stir collectively mayonnaise, chives, dill, parsley, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper.
- Lay cucumber slices on paper towels to soak up moisture.
- Trim and discard crusts from bread slices to make even squares.
- Unfold a layer of mayonnaise combination onto every bread slice. On 6 bread slices, place 6 to 9 cucumber slices in a single layer with out overlapping. High with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise aspect down.
- Utilizing a serrated bread knife in a delicate sawing movement, reduce sandwiches diagonally into 4 equal triangles. Serve instantly, or cowl with damp paper towels, place in a lined container, and refrigerate for just a few hours till serving time.
The nation’s hottest TV cooking present is coming to Cape Cod! Towards her higher judgment, Lily Roberts is coming into America Bakes! together with her charming tearoom, Tea by the Sea. Nonetheless, filming proves disruptive because the set closes the tearoom throughout Lily’s busiest season. Tensions actually bubble over when notorious bad-boy chef and superstar choose, Tommy Greene, loses his mood with Lily’s workers, leading to an on-camera blowout with Cheryl Wainwright. Simply when Lily thinks the competitors can’t get any worse, Tommy is discovered useless in Tea by the Sea’s kitchen… murdered with Cheryl’s rolling pin!
Suspicion instantly falls on Cheryl, however the temperamental star has racked up loads of culinary clashes up to now, each on- and off-screen, for Cheryl to search out suspects of her personal. Practically anybody related to Tommy or the present may very well be the killer: be it one in all Lily’s fierce rivals, a member of the beleaguered movie crew, and even one in all Tommy’s fellow judges—struggling cookbook maven, Claudia D’Angelo, to not point out magnificence contest winner, Scarlet McIntosh. Whereas Lily’s baking up a storm for the present, she should additionally whip up an impromptu investigation, earlier than the assassin rolls another person over.
Vicki Delany is one in all Canada’s most prolific and different crime writers and a nationwide bestseller within the U.S. She has written greater than thirty books, from intelligent cozies and Gothic thrillers to gritty police procedurals, historic fiction and novellas for grownup literacy. She is at present writing 4 cozy thriller sequence: the Tea by the Sea mysteries, the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop sequence, the 12 months Spherical Christmas mysteries and, as Eva Gates, the Lighthouse Library sequence. Vicki lives and writes in bucolic Prince Edward County, Ontario. She is a previous president of the Crime Writers of Canada and a co-organizer of Ladies Killing it, a criminal offense writing competition. Her work has been nominated for the Derringer, the Bony Blithe, the Ontario Library Affiliation Golden Oak, and the Arthur Ellis Awards.