posted by Liz Berg
on September 20, 2022
This Zucchini Quiche with Prosciutto has no crust to mess with and is packed filled with cheese, prosciutto, and grated zucchini. Plus it’s versatile sufficient to eat for any meal!!
After 35+ years of marriage, that is the primary time the choosy hubby has eaten zucchini voluntarily. As quickly as he smelled the aroma wafting out of the oven, he was bought! Ham and Zucchini Quiche for the massive win!!!
Why This Works
- Even with the flour added to the filling, this crustless quiche is decrease in carbs than many quiche recipes.
- Onion, garlic, ham, contemporary thyme, and cheese make for a scrumptious, flavorful filling.
- It’s darn tasty. I acquired recipe requests and so will you.
- If making a quiche with a crust, blind-bake it first. Blind baking is whenever you bake the crust earlier than you fill it, so it doesn’t find yourself doughy or partially baked. To blind bake, the crust is match into the dish, then lined with nonstick foil or parchment paper which is then encumbered with pie weights or dried beans, and baked. Baking your quiche on the bottom oven shelf additionally helps cook dinner the underside crust.
- PRO-Tip: To keep away from extra moisture from being added to the quiche filling, saute all greens earlier than including them to the egg combination.
- Don’t overbake your quiche or the eggs will toughen and grow to be rubbery. The very center can jiggle barely whenever you pull it out of the oven. The warmth of the baking dish will proceed baking the quiche because it cools.
- Reserve a number of the cheese to sprinkle excessive of the quiche earlier than baking.
- Be cautious when including salt to a quiche with ham. It’s finest to not have a heavy hand because the outcomes may very well be unpalatable.
- Bake low and sluggish. In case your recipe requires an oven temp over 350°, the quiche could not have a comfortable and creamy texture.
- PRO-Tip: In the event you wish to make up your personal quiche recipes, the bottom line is for every egg, add ½ cup of milk.
- Cheese – Be sure so as to add some cheese!! In the event you don’t just like the type of cheese within the recipe, swap it out to your favourite. Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and Gouda will all work properly.
- Ham – When a recipe requires ham, it may be prosciutto, pancetta, or diced deli ham.
- Milk – 2% or Complete Milk are advisable. Skim milk will work, however the quiche received’t have the identical richness.
Quiche is scrumptious served with a inexperienced salad or fruit salad. Listed here are some tasty menu additions when serving a zucchini pie:
- Pantry Staples – Olive oil, All-Function Flour, Eggs, Onion, Garlic
- Zucchini – Go away the pores and skin on and grate with a field grater or together with your meals processor. Take away any massive seeds earlier than grating.
- Ham – Any favourite ham will work properly
- Recent thyme – Could swap out with 1 teaspoon dried thyme or one other herb.
- Milk – Examined with 2% however entire milk would work properly, too. Heavy cream is just too wealthy to be the only liquid addition to a quiche.
- Butter – Melted. Permit it to chill barely since will probably be blended with the uncooked eggs. You don’t need any bits of scrambled eggs.
- Cheese – Shred any favourite melty cheese like Swiss, Monterey Jack, Gouda, or Cheddar. Sprinkle some excessive earlier than baking in addition to utilizing it within the filling.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Why Do You Add Flour to a Quiche?
The flour stabilizes the egg custard plus it helps absorbs any extra liquid given off by the greens added to the filling.
Why Is My Quiche Watery?
In the event you don’t take away extra water out of your greens earlier than baking, they are going to make your quiche watery. Frozen chopped spinach should be squeezed very dry (I take advantage of my potato ricer or very clear arms for this activity). Different greens needs to be sauteed first so their juices will evaporate.
Can I take advantage of heavy cream as a substitute of milk?
Changing part of the milk with cream is ok, however in case you exchange all of it, the filling can be too dense and heavy.
How Wholesome is Quiche?
All of it relies on your filling substances. A crustless quiche is unquestionably more healthy than one with a buttery pastry crust, and in case you add minimal cheese and plenty of veggies, a quiche is usually a wholesome choice for a meal.
You Could Additionally Like:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 ounces of Prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon contemporary thyme leaves
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk (2% or entire)
- 1 ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Grease a 5-cup capability baking dish. I used a ceramic quiche/tart pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Warmth the oil in a saute pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook dinner till comfortable. Add the zucchini and cook dinner for a few minutes.
- Combine within the ham and thyme and cook dinner for one more minute. Take away from the burner to chill.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese to the ham combination.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine within the ham combination and stir to mix.
- Add the flour and blend properly.
- Pour into the ready dish and high with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or till all however the very middle is about.
- Let cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
Could use different styles of ham and cheese.
The residual warmth of the pan will proceed cooking the quiche after it comes out of the oven.
Aadapted from myfoodbook.com.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 208Whole Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 146mgSodium: 562mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com sometimes provides dietary info for recipes contained on this web site. This info is offered as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This info comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to supply correct dietary info, these figures are solely estimates.
Various components reminiscent of product varieties or manufacturers bought can change the dietary info in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com advocate toppings, which can or is probably not listed as non-obligatory and dietary info for these added toppings is just not listed. Different components could change the dietary info reminiscent of when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it isn’t calculated into the recipe as the quantity will range. Additionally, completely different on-line calculators can present completely different outcomes.
To acquire essentially the most correct illustration of the dietary info in any given recipe, it’s best to calculate the dietary info with the precise substances utilized in your recipe. You’re solely answerable for making certain that any dietary info obtained is correct.